PDA

View Full Version : ripping audio from Video DVD Problems

morris.brads
05-25-2010, 08:03 PM
I have a home video that I want to get just the audio from. I open the latest version of Converter, move to the DVD player, move to the Video folder and there are 3 VOB files (vts_01_1,2 and 3)
The first two are about a gig and the third half that size.
When I convert the first file an then play it I find that it only does the first 35 min. (the full video is aprox 1 hr 40 min. I convert all thrree files and I have to use Audicity to put the 3 files together.
(I own the replay suite)
A friend has AVS4you audion converter and it shows the same 3 files but the #1 vob file shows it is 1 hr 40 min long. I convert just that file and all the audio is there.
Why is Replay not doing the same thing with just the vob file. I have looked around and dont find any settings that would limit the conversion size that I can see.
HELP!
(sorry, I am new at ripping audio from DVD and trying to help out a friend)

RikkBrikk
05-26-2010, 03:36 PM
I doubt my comment will prove to be any sort of a solution but more of an affirmation of your problem. I too am new to the whole ripping and burning world. I too have noticed some desparity in the amount of file sizes and content in each. I have noticed that if I just download VOB 1 then I will get the entire DVD file without having to do the rest of them. I do not know why that is, it just seems to be that way.