PDA

View Full Version : Re-Load .xferd Files

MrChukkel
05-23-2010, 11:54 AM
Hiya,
I have saved the stream info from a few streams so I can reloaded them later in the day, I actually needed to restart my PC, but now I want to reload them to RMC but I can't find how I do this. If I open the file with RMC it does nothing and I cant drag and drop the .xferd files in to RMC so can someone let me know what to do?

Cheers Chukkel

Jeff Lenney
05-23-2010, 09:08 PM
Hiya,
I have saved the stream info from a few streams so I can reloaded them later in the day, I actually needed to restart my PC, but now I want to reload them to RMC but I can't find how I do this. If I open the file with RMC it does nothing and I cant drag and drop the .xferd files in to RMC so can someone let me know what to do?

Cheers Chukkel

Hi!

Just move the files into your new RMC directory - or, set the directory to the folder where these are already saved!

I hope this helps

MrChukkel
05-24-2010, 01:37 AM
Hiya,
I did both of these suggestions closed and reloaded RMC but the streams did not appear in the list, am I missing a step?
Cheers Chukkel

MrChukkel
05-28-2010, 07:14 AM
Hiya,
Can anyone help me with this? I cant seem to get the streams recording again by moving the .xferd in to my RMC download directory, any ideas what im doing wrong?

stream-recorder.com
05-28-2010, 10:01 PM
please post a link to the web-page, so that we can try to record

MrChukkel
05-29-2010, 12:54 AM
It doesnt matter what site, any stream does not show back in RMC after a close and re-open, but you can try http://www.ww.com/ just pick any webcam, save the info to the RMC download folder, close and re-open RMC and there is nothing

Cheryl Wester
06-02-2010, 05:19 PM
When you record it saves the file for you. For this site it uses a .flv format. When you close the Media Catcher it does remove the file from Media Catcher and it is then located in your file folder where you directed the files to go. The streams are not going to show up in the Media Catcher program again and you are not able to add them back to it. You need to access them from your file folder.

stream-recorder.com
06-03-2010, 03:54 AM
Just hit Tools->Open Storage Directory to see your recordings.

MrChukkel
06-03-2010, 09:09 AM
Im sorry you are missing the point... Of course I know where the streams are which have been captured, what I want to do is restart capturing the stream/webcam after I have closed RMC and without revisiting the site where the stream was, so I have used the "Save Recording Details To Disk" and I have 35 .xferd files. I now want to restart the capturing with these files. How do I do this? If this is not possible what exactly is the point of the "Save Recording Details To Disk"
Cheers Chukkel

Cheryl Wester
06-06-2010, 04:50 PM
You will need to restart them if you don't have a complete file. Thanks.

MrChukkel
06-06-2010, 11:17 PM
OK just to be clear, can you explain what exactly does an .xferd do? When you say "don't have a complete file" does this mean an .xferd can not be used when capturing webcams as the length is unknown?
At the moment I can not see any point in the .xferd files

MrChukkel
06-14-2010, 08:55 AM
Sorry to keep asking but can any one explain this?

stream-recorder.com
06-14-2010, 11:46 AM
Sorry to keep asking but can any one explain this?
This option is in the program so that you can reload a file at a later time, and to make it easier to send needed info to the developer. Don't have any more details.

MrChukkel
06-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Again either you or I are missing the point, How do I get the .xferd to reload? does the previously downloaded webcam stream have to be in the download folder or something? My .xferd files are in the download folder but when I reload RMC nothing appears in RMC

Cheryl Wester
06-21-2010, 02:37 PM
What you are trying to do is not possible. The reason they are saved is so that if you have a file that is complete you can save it to your system.

MrChukkel
06-21-2010, 02:47 PM
Ok thanks for letting me know what I am trying to do is not possible, I still cant understand from your explaination how the files would actually be used, but it this point It really doesn't matter.. would you consider adding the functionality I am asking for in future releases?

lanosalf
10-06-2010, 11:28 PM
Hiya,

Cheers Chukkel
Hi:
I saw your post of xferd files a bit late but here you are, this is the way xferd files are used:

create the .xferd file by secondary click on save recording details to disk (that is the part you already know)
go to Tools>Settings
in the Media catcher plugins menu, select capture RTMP streams and then push the Plug-in Options button at the bottom
and there you have a load button, push it and select your xferd file

thats it, if all is okay and the channel is still streaming RMC will start to record.

MrChukkel
10-07-2010, 09:23 AM
Hi:
I saw your post of xferd files a bit late but here you are, this is the way xferd files are used:

create the .xferd file by secondary click on save recording details to disk (that is the part you already know)
go to Tools>Settings
in the Media catcher plugins menu, select capture RTMP streams and then push the Plug-in Options button at the bottom
and there you have a load button, push it and select your xferd file

thats it, if all is okay and the channel is still streaming RMC will start to record.

Thanks for the post in mIRC and this, this would have been very useful when I was using 3.11. But seeing as this functionality has been taken out of v4 it's a bit irrelevent now but thanks any way

Cheers Chukkel