PDA

View Full Version : Replay Media Catcher not Windows 7 compatible?

Arkelos
05-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Hi. I am a registered user of Replay Media Catcher, and ever since I upgraded to Windows 7, I can't get it to run. I have tried re-installing it from fresh downloads of the installer, etc. Everytime I try to run it, I get the following error then it exits.

C:\Program Files\Replay Media Catcher\gopher.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator of the software vendor for support.

I searched the forum for gopher.dll and found nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

mnicotra
05-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Hi,

I am running Win 7 Pro 64x and recently purchased RMC as part of the full suite of software. I think the software is compatable but there is a bug in it that in some WIN 7 systems crashes browsers.

In my case, All installed OK and the software seems to launch and run correctly UNTIL you click on the START RECORDING and launch the browser. Then the browser crashes.

I remember seeing the gopher.dll mentioned briefly in one of the forum threads but didn't pay much attention as it didn't seem related to my problems with RMC.

Regarding the Un-Install. I think that even if you completely uninstall the program it keeps something in the registry or system as on re-install it remembers your previous settings and your registration code. Maybe whatever is causing your problem is not being removed during the uninstall process?

Arkelos
05-26-2010, 08:06 PM
Hmm, I did a system restore. Re-installed it and it worked for one recording. I closed it down and about 10 mins later started it up, and got...

C:\Program Files\Replay Media Catcher\gopher.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator of the software vendor for support.

It seems like I will have to do a system restore and a fresh install for each time I want to record. If I shut it down at all after the initial launch, it errors out and exits. What a waste of money.