PDA

View Full Version : using Media Catcher behind proxyserver

dvz
04-29-2010, 07:53 AM
Hi,

I purchased Media Catcher but my downloads won't start. In the company where I work I need to enter a proxy server in my I.E. to be able to use internet (proxy.***.lan port 8080). I can't find any setting in the Media Catcher to enter this. Is this not possible?

Thanks!

Rudy

stream-recorder.com
04-29-2010, 08:36 AM
What web page are you trying to record from?

dvz
04-30-2010, 01:58 AM
for example youtube, but I have it with every site with video content. After starting Media Catcher I select a clip on youtube and I get a pop-up from IE "IE cannot open the internetsite www.youtube..... Operation aborted" and nothings comes in the window from Media Catcher. If I don't start Media Catcher I can play the video's. Also if I start Media Catcher from a pc with a direct connection (cable) to the internet everything works fine. So I guess it has something to do with the proxy-settings.

cmaucci
05-07-2010, 10:25 AM
I've got the same question.
I'm a registered user for quite some time.
I can use RMC without any issue when I'm directly connected through the internet, but not when I'm behind a proxy, and this for the same video source.

I could not find any settings in RMC to set proxy server address and port.
Does that mean RMC does not support it? ... .yet?

Best Regards
Cyrille

slomo
08-05-2010, 07:08 AM
I would also like to know how to record behind a proxy -- think spotify.

maxrenn
08-09-2010, 02:34 PM
I'm using RMC4 behind a proxy from Europe to record a region restricted radio with no problem at all.
Do you have the latest version installed and made sure you started RMC4 before everything else ?

Debbie McCormick
08-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Replay Media Catcher will use your Internet Explorer proxy settings. So, make sure those are correct and you should not have a problem.