PDA

View Full Version : rmc version 3.11 will not record because of trusteer rapport security

fellmaster
04-20-2010, 10:30 AM
Can someone PLEASE help me with this . I realise this has been posted before but I have yet to find a solution that works
I have tried
uninstalling and clean installing
starting RMC before opeing the browser
starting the browser before RMC
enabling web dumper
disabling web dumper
tried different youtube videos but nothing seems to work .

The audio recorder works from youtube but RMC will not capture the video itself

It used to work fine now nothing but problems

System-XP SP3
Thanks

fellmaster
04-20-2010, 10:41 AM
I think I found the problem - software clash in this case its trusteer rapport security. As soon as i disabled it RMC works

Will watch it for a day or then report back

However if this is a Known issue then it should be on the web troubleshooting pages ;)

raymondo
05-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Hi Fellmaster and other Guys using Trusteer,

I had the same problem and when i disabled the Trusteer / Rapport problem everything worked fine. I was not happy running the pc with no rapport protection on my important websites so i contacted the technical support at trusteer and got some immediate and excellent support from a guy called Guy Domb. he advised changing the following 3 settings in the Rapport program console. 1. change Block screen capturing to (NEVER) 2. Block access to information inside the browser to (NEVER) 3. Block browser alterstion to (NEVER). When i made these changes hey presto the Media Capture version 3.11 works fine. I am just checking now with Trusteer technical support to see if there are any adverse affects to the rapport security as i use it to protect my important web - sites. Hope this advise works for you. I also agree this info should go on the Applian help pages as everyone having RMC software and Rapport will have the same problems. regards Raymondo ps let me know how you get on.

John46
05-10-2010, 03:47 AM
Thanks for posting this. I was experiencing the same problem. Changing Rapport settings has resolved it. I would also like to know if I need to reset "Rapport" back to default settings.

raymondo
05-11-2010, 04:38 AM
Hi John,
The guys at trusteer have told me to leave the settings as they are for the moment. If you put them back to default trusteer will block the content in the browser again. Trusteer have simulated the problem in their labs and confirm what i found and they are now looking how to modify the trusteeer rapport program so it will not block the content when set on its default settings. At the moment the changes we have made do not affect the security of Rapport (they confirmed this to me by email) But as soon as they have solved the problem they will let me know. ie whether they will issue a patch or revised/reconfigered program .They told me it will take a couple of weeks.i will test any solution they come up with and let you all know here on the forum.

Regards Raymondo

Jeff Lenney
05-14-2010, 09:50 AM
Thanks all! Glad you were abler to get this going for the most part - is anybody else still experiencing issues of this nature?