PDA

View Full Version : Problem using Windows ME

StrobeWylan
08-25-2008, 11:33 AM
I started using freecorder 3.0 on my XP computer first and it worked fine. I then installed it on the old computer (P3) with Windows ME in my shop and whenever i click on record or any other button on the toolbar firefox takes me to the freecorder download page and no recording starts. Clicking on the settings button does the same thing so cannot access my settings. Only on the ME computer not the XP.

Tasha Heinlein
08-25-2008, 12:48 PM
I started using freecorder 3.0 on my XP computer first and it worked fine. I then installed it on the old computer (P3) with Windows ME in my shop and whenever i click on record or any other button on the toolbar firefox takes me to the freecorder download page and no recording starts. Clicking on the settings button does the same thing so cannot access my settings. Only on the ME computer not the XP.

This usually happens when you are not logged in as administrator. You must have administrative rights to use the toolbar.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.

StrobeWylan
09-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Tasha,

Thank you for your reply. I do not know of any administrator for windows ME. I do know of these as to XP. I could be wrong, but i do not use passwords for the ME computer in my shop. I just turn it on and it goes to the desktop. Open Firefox and I have a browser with freecorder.