PDA

View Full Version : A & R Toolbar not recording videos in Firefox 3.6.3 & strange operation in IE7

mevman
04-06-2010, 04:53 AM
Following recent FF3.6 update to 3.6.3, Freecorder Toolbar video history showed Unknown file type UFT whilst looking as though it was recording. At the end of recording you could not save the file.
Navigate away from page from which recording was made and history entry for UFT disappears.
Uninstalled toolbar and reinstalled to check for compatibility issues.
Same result.

Switched to try reinstalled toolbar in IE7 and I get another issue.
When video runs, two recordings start. One as a UFT starts ahead of a correctly identified video file type.

During recording UFT download lags correct file type download by about 3 seconds. At the end of the recording both correct and UFT entries have same file size.

You can download correct file type but like FF 3.6.3 the UFT is inaccessible (as I suspect it should be). Navigate away from page from which recording was made and history entry for UFT disappears, but all correctly identified files remain.

FCTBSetup download states version 7.0.6.1 and a file size of 8.12MB.

Hate using IE but currently only solution for video capture.

Any ideas to fix what appears to be issues in both FF and IE??

stream-recorder.com
04-06-2010, 07:03 AM
Any sample pages?

mevman
04-06-2010, 03:47 PM
This may help explain what I see.

Demo in Firefox 3.6.3 (http://tinyurl.com/fctb4ffbroke)

Video history looks like it captures file (correct size), but is unknown file type UFT. Cannot save and disappears entirely from video history when I navigate away from video page.

Demo in IE 7.0.5730.13 (http://tinyurl.com/fctb4iebroke)

Looks like video being saved twice, file size same as Firefox effort.
One file unknown file type UFT, one Adobe Flash.
Navigate away from video page and UFT file disappears from file history and saved FLV file plays from the local storage area. Still some problems getting rid of files not wanted.
Need to cull cache, and erase from within Firefox to delete????

Go figure :confused:

stream-recorder.com
04-07-2010, 08:59 AM
I've tried to save the following video with the latest version of Freecorder 4 (Windows XP SP3, Firefox 3.6.3)
"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azvGLTRh0aM"
and didn't have any problem with it. It saved the FLV file that I can play with Applian FLV Player. This is a very short video (7 seconds only).

Try to add .flv extension to the filename. Also the filename has parentheses, so you may try to remove them before saving.

What OS do you use?

mevman
05-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Think I have this figured out.

Recently updated to FF 3.6.3 and thought problem coincided with that. So just ran FF in Safe mode.
Previously FF had been very slow to start, but things got better in Safe Mode but checking processes running, showed Bank Security recommended software install Trusteer Rapport hogging masses of resources.

So switched back to normal FF mode and disabled Rapport, and hey presto. Freecorder Video history operation is normal. Correctly identifies streams, records them and allows them to be played back. Rapport must have been crippling Freecorder Video capture. Audio capture was always OK.

Will have to be selective when using Rapport for online transactions, disabling it for any video captures.

HAPPY DAYS.

Tasha Heinlein
05-08-2010, 08:54 PM
I have seen a lot of compatibility issues with Trusteer Rapport. Thanks for the update, I didn't know it was causing problems with Freecorder as well.