PDA

View Full Version : Freerecorder4 Does Not Have Media Guide

Gypsy63
03-31-2010, 11:30 AM
I have Windows Vista and use FireFox 3.6.2. Yesterday I downloaded Freerecorder 4's tool bar. Today I was reading all the information in their guide manual and discovered that my tool bar does not have a Media Guide & my radio does not have a down arrow. So I went to Tool Bar Options, thinking maybe Media Guide was just not checked, but it was not even listed as one of the options. Am I missing something here? This was a free download and I am wondering if I am suppose to pay something in order to have the Media Guide and the down arrow on the radio. Without the down arrow I can not use the radio. I thought about getting in touch with Tech Support but I have found in the past that you can usually find the answers in a forum. I searched other posts here but did not see anyone with this same problem. Any advise would be appreciated.
Thank You,
Gypsy63

Tasha Heinlein
03-31-2010, 07:28 PM
The Media Guide is a part of Replay AV.
The down arrow is very small. Just click in the middle of the radio player and the options should pop up.

Gypsy63
03-31-2010, 08:16 PM
Tasha: Thank you so much for that information. I was beginning to think that no one knew the answer to this question & I was going to have to get in touch with tech support. I clicked in the middle of the radio as you suggested and everything was just as you said it would be. I tried out a few stations and it works, so I am happy. Do I really need the Media Guide? I looked it up and it was a $49 paid program. Mainly what I want to do with Freerecorder is to download short tutorial videos and save them to my computer.

Is there some way that I can mark this thread as "Resolved"? I just joined today and I am still learning how to post here.
Thanks, :)
Gypsy 63

stream-recorder.com
03-31-2010, 11:33 PM
You can use Replay Media Guide without Replay AV as well. If you Freecorder 4 is enough for you, just use it. If it is not, you can try Replay Media Catcher, Replay AV, Replay Video Capture,...

Replay Capture Suite (http://www.applian.com/avscs/) is $79. It includes Replay AV, Replay Media Catcher, Replay Video Capture, Replay Music and other programs.

Gypsy63
04-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the information, but I think Freerecorder4 is probably all I need for what I want to use it for. So far, I have been able to save several video clips with it. The only one I could not save was a news clip and that was disappointing because I was in the clip! Nothing showed up in the Video History after I watched it, so I presume it did not recognize this type of Video.
Thanks again,
Gypsy63

stream-recorder.com
04-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the information, but I think Freerecorder4 is probably all I need for what I want to use it for. So far, I have been able to save several video clips with it. The only one I could not save was a news clip and that was disappointing because I was in the clip! Nothing showed up in the Video History after I watched it, so I presume it did not recognize this type of Video.
Just post the URL of the web-page and we will tell you whether it can be recorded.

Gypsy63
04-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Good luck if it will record for you because I also tried two other programs to download it with--Real Player SP and Download Helper and neither one could download it. Real Player SP said that it was not downloadable. Here is the link, some times it takes a few seconds for the video to show up, so be patient.

http://www2.wjbf.com/jbf/news/state_regional/georgia/article/rep._paul_broun_talks_healthcare_in_lincoln_county/68938/#comments

PS I hope that link works for you because when I previewed it, it did not look the same as when I pasted it in my post.

stream-recorder.com
04-01-2010, 11:56 PM
Good luck if it will record for you because I also tried two other programs to download it with--Real Player SP and Download Helper and neither one could download it. Real Player SP said that it was not downloadable. Here is the link, some times it takes a few seconds for the video to show up, so be patient.

http://www2.wjbf.com/jbf/news/state_regional/georgia/article/rep._paul_broun_talks_healthcare_in_lincoln_county/68938/#comments

PS I hope that link works for you because when I previewed it, it did not look the same as when I pasted it in my post.
The web-site uses RTMP flash video streams. They can't be downloaded with Video Helper or Real Player, you need to use software supporting RTMP protocol instead. For example, you can download RTMP streams from wjbf.com with Replay Media Catcher (http://www.applian.com/download-videos/).

Gypsy63
04-02-2010, 03:11 AM
stream-recorder: I went to the link you provided and read all about Media Catcher. Right now we can not afford it because of everything coming due here (property taxes, etc), so what I did was to download the trail version for now. I then followed the directions and started the recorder, opened my browser, went to the site with the video and when it finished I closed the browser and clicked on the Video History of Media Catcher. There was nothing in it, so I figured it did not record. So next I went to Tools-Storage Director and opened that. It showed the video listed on my C Drive in a folder called, "My Recordings". I next played just a few seconds of the video to make sure it had recorded and it seemed to have recorded it. Now my question. Can I move the folder to my K Drive (my external drive) and if I do, how will Media Catcher know where to find the folder the next time I record something? I don't like to keep any data on my main drive, I keep photos, videos, etc. all on my external drive. It never gave me a choice of where to save my recordings.
Thanks,
Gyspy63

stream-recorder.com
04-02-2010, 06:34 AM
Please read the User Guide to learn how to change the recordings folder:
http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/support/user_guide.php#other

Note that in demo mode RMC will download 75% of the video stream (although it will download 100% of youtube videos and you can use the Video History Tool for free as well).

Gypsy63
04-02-2010, 09:00 PM
stream-recorder: After you said what you said about only downloading 75% I rechecked the video that I saved. Even though it did not get all of it, it got most of it including what I wanted downloaded. I will probably pay for the paid version in a couple of weeks because that TV station has called me since I first started posting this and now wants to do a segment with me and my husband and the commanding general at Ft Gordon, Ga. (military insurance Vs New Health Care Bill). I guess if me and my husband are going to be on TV I need to get the paid version so I can save it all. We live out in the middle of no where & don't have TV so I could not record it off TV. But as you saw, they have their news videos on their web site so that is the only place I am going to be able to save it from.
Thanks for all your help,
Gypsy63
PS If you saw the video that I sent the link for, the name across the video was wrong--my name is not Shenna as they stated, it is Sheila. Guess the reporter did not hear my name correctly.