PDA

View Full Version : Replay AV 8.78 Crashes Attempting Auto-convert

ALibertarian
03-28-2010, 08:06 PM
Good evening, I've had this problem since Dec. 2008. Two different incidents have been opened. D29086 and B7F34D.

Each time, the only feedback I've gotten is either:
A. I'll escalate this (then there is NO reply ever from anyone else)
or
B. We just released a new version, please upgrade

This started with 8.74 and I'm now up to 8.78 - still the same problem.

Any chance that this might get fixed?

------some of the text from the incidents---------

You can refer to your support incident D29086 for details.
This is still happening to me. I just upgraded to 8.75 and the problem still exists. Exactly the same. When I capture a streaming show from a radio station and set Replay A/V 8 to "After recording convert to: MP3". When the recording stops (either manually, or when it reaches a "split". Replay A/V 8, immediately crashes. When I restart it says there are "unfinished conversion jobs" and then it completes the job.

I'd love to get this resolved!!! It is a pain to have to manually convert all the ASF files to MP3 with the converter program.

There was never a resolution to the old incident
-----------below is from old incident------------------
HI

I'm going to transfer this to the next level of support. Thanks.

summary: latest AV, Replay AV tries to kick off the MP3 conversion and immediately crashes. When restart Replay, comes up and there are unfinished conversion jobs. click OK, the conversion runs - and works - and have to restart the recording. Of course, the recording crashes at the next split. has reinstalled, etc. has error messages attached.

Best Regards,

Cheryl Wester
Applian Technologies, Inc.

Date: 22 November 2008 14:27

Clark75115
03-28-2010, 08:17 PM
I have this same problem. Mine crashes sometimes and just freezes sometimes. When I look at Task Manager during the freeze, Replay AV uses about 96% of the CPU, then I have to reboot. At next startup of Replay it says it need to convert just like yours does.

Dec 2008 sounds about right for when it started.

I am running XP

Please help us.

ALibertarian
03-30-2010, 06:53 PM
Status update. One of the Applian techs sent me a link to a new release candidate 8.79 and asked me to give it a try.

Unfortunately, it didn't help. No change in the issue.

On the bright side!! They are trying to help us out.

I hope they can get it resolved. I do love this software but it is a pain.

Clark75115
04-18-2010, 06:15 AM
8.79 did fix the problem for me. I have recorded 3 times now, and it converted with no problem. No freezes or errors.