PDA

View Full Version : Digital Tutors

Sudaval
03-18-2010, 10:25 PM
Is there any way to make Media Catcher catch streaming media from digital tutors (digitaltutors.com)?
Thanks

stream-recorder.com
03-19-2010, 04:28 AM
It works fine for me. At least i was able to catch the demo RTMP video stream from the homepage of digitaltutors.com. Try to stop playing the stream when it is detected by replay media catcher.

----
Replay Media Catcher 3.11 (Windows) tested on Mac OS X with freeware WineBottler, Opera for Windows and Flash Player for Windows.

Sudaval
03-19-2010, 07:20 PM
Could you give me more detail? How do you stop the stream?

stream-recorder.com
03-20-2010, 12:44 AM
Just hit the stop button in the embedded flash player. You can also close your web browser (or just a browser tab)

maple005
03-20-2010, 01:55 AM
I have exactly the same problem - or may be its a more general problem.

Using 3.11 i have tried both Firefox & IE8 to access the digital tutors site, using the demo video as a test. In all cases RMC doesn't react at all. I have done the usual flushing the caches etc, with no effect.

Have tested a few other sites with the same response (or lack of response). I haven't used RMC since 24th Jan, so i am sure I have received lots of updates to the O/S, Firewall/Anti-Virus, etc but i am a bit perplexed that RMC does nothing.

I saw on the web some suggesting to un-install and reinstall RMC, but it seems a bit of an excessive thing to do every time you want to use a piece of software.

Any help would be appreciated

stream-recorder.com
03-20-2010, 04:06 AM
You don't need to un-install it all the time. In fact, I have never done that.

There are a couple of things to note. When you install a newer version, you should uninstall the old one, reboot and then install the newer version.

Another thing is that you may need to launch your browser from RMC: Hit "Record" -> "Launch default browser". Sometimes this is the only way to record from I.E.

I use Opera and Firefox. I launch my RMC first, then start recording with it, them launch my web browser.