PDA

View Full Version : Recording your own internet radio show

csteinberg
03-17-2010, 01:08 PM
I host an internet radio show on www.unregularradio.com and would like to start recording my shows. I use my laptop during the show to play sound effects, audio from videos, etc. My question is: can I still record my show with the Replay A/V software and use my laptop during the show at the same time? Or will the sound not record correctly? I need to know asap, because if I cannot do both simultaneously then I will download the software onto my brother's computer so he can record the shows for me.

Thanks for any advice!
Neely Steinberg

Cheryl Wester
03-17-2010, 09:14 PM
If you can get a good URL and use stream capture then you can do both at the same time. If you need to use audio capture then you would not be able to use other sound with your system.

csteinberg
03-18-2010, 07:45 AM
"If you can get a good URL and use stream capture then you can do both at the same time. If you need to use audio capture then you would not be able to use other sound with your system."

Hi Cheryl,
I am not very educated about these things. What do you mean by a "good URL"?

Also, how do I know if I need to use audio capture vs. stream capture? I don't quite understand what you mean.

Thanks for clarifying,
Neely

ALibertarian
03-30-2010, 07:04 PM
In the software click "Shows", "Add Radio Show" or "Add Radio Station" and find the one you want. Applian keep a library of links (URL) to radio shows. Thing like:

http://208.80.52.150/WSBAM?streamtheworld_user=1&nobuf=1258378578022

For WSB AM 750 in Atlanta.

Then you schedule when you want it to record

Cheryl Wester
04-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Sometimes the program finds URLs that won't stream capture. A good URL is one that will stream capture. If a link doesn't stream capture then you would want to use a different method such as audio capture to record the file.