PDA

View Full Version : Replay AV really slow

myersph
03-04-2010, 10:45 AM
I have A/V 8.77 on Windows 7 32bit.

I have not done much recording for a while and this is the first time I am doing many shows in one session on my new set up.

In the past on XP for example, I used to able to open one URL finder after the other and they would happily connect and capture one after the other.

Now I find that whilst the first one is still downloading the system freezes and will not allow me to add another show until virtually the whole of the previous one is complete. I have tried the following:

1. reboot and open nothing else
2. uninstall and reinstall
3. store several URL's but say NO to 'record now' then go in later and 'start recording' many shows. I found this OK for about 5 shows then it froze up until it had finished capturing the first few.

So I don't think the actual capture per show is slow, its just not allowing me to capture subsequant URL's for ages.

I am going to try this on my old very slow XP laptop to see if its the AV version or the windows version.

Cheryl Wester
03-07-2010, 04:53 PM
You might need to do a temporary file clean up if you haven't done that for awhile. I do it about once a week by cleaning out my temp Internet files. Go to IE and select Tools-Internet options and follow the prompts. I believe that will speed you up.

carlobee
03-07-2010, 08:37 PM
^ What Cheryl said or you may want to use CCleaner for that one. :) just search it in google. It's a free temporary files and registry cleanup.

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

myersph
03-08-2010, 10:51 AM
You might need to do a temporary file clean up if you haven't done that for awhile. I do it about once a week by cleaning out my temp Internet files. Go to IE and select Tools-Internet options and follow the prompts. I believe that will speed you up.

cleaned everything out of IE and firefox. I always open browser from RMC if I am doing anything with Replay. Replay AV is still too slow to use so have reverted to a very old and otherwise slow XP machine