PDA

View Full Version : How To Set Proper Recording Volume & Level Control

Bootis
02-23-2010, 05:03 AM
I am new to the Product.

I would like to know:

1. What is the best way to set the Volume Recording Levels Control for recording Music within Replay. My past experience in Recording Music tells me that recording with too low a volume creates a poor signal to noise ratio.

Inversely, Recording with too high Levels will cause distortion and clipping of the signal. In the past, I use to 'Gain-Ride' the Recording to control peaks and saturation.

2. I understand to use the Replay Audio Driver here, but does this provide for a 'bit for bit' reproduction of the original source material?

3. What is the function of the VU Meter in Replay as it has no apparent DB Reference Scale so I am not sure what it is telling me with respect to monitoring levels etc?

4. What is the actual use/implementation of "Normalization" function within Settings? Does this create a standard playback level for all source material Tracks that are recorded. How does this setting affect quality of recorded material etc?

Thanks Much

Bootis

BMason
03-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Bootis:

Several months ago, I started a thread ttitled "Recording Volume vs Recording Quality" that addressed all of your questions. I just bumped it to the top of the thread list on the forum to make it easy to find. Let me know if that helps.