PDA

View Full Version : Does Replay Media Catcher creat an exact digital copy?

netsez
02-03-2010, 05:34 PM
I'm going to purchase this program and while doing research I saw this in a FAQ

What should I do if I cannot record a site using Replay Media Catcher?
Same as always - get Replay Video Capture! Our Replay Video Capture product is able to record ANY video site. While it is not as convenient as Replay Media Catcher, you will get a great quality video recording - often better than Replay Media Catcher was able to do. Try it!

If it is true that Replay Media Catcher gets an EXACT digital copy of the video
(says so on product guide It's Easy: Just click "Start Recording", then play your media, and an exact digital copy is downloaded to your hard disk. )

How can Replay Video Capture get a better copy?

Tasha Heinlein
02-05-2010, 08:23 AM
Replay Media Catcher is a stream capture program. It downloads the actual stream so there is no loss in quality. Replay Video Capture is a screen recorder. It creates high quality videos, but Replay Media Catcher would be the best program to use in most cases.

netsez
02-05-2010, 12:16 PM
That is what I thought, thank you. This line was just confusing

"often better than Replay Media Catcher was able to do"

Tasha Heinlein
02-05-2010, 05:32 PM
I can see where that would be confusing. Do you have a link to where you read that FAQ? I was unable to locate it on our site. Thanks!

netsez
02-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Sure thing

http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/support/secure-rtmp-measures.php

dr bob
02-21-2010, 04:07 AM
Hi everyone,

I tried the demo of Reply Media Catcher on a video that Freecorder would not grab, and RMC got it OK. As for the exact digital copy, I do wonder, though.

When I replay the file that RMC grabbed, there is definitely jerking which was not existent in the internet video. After converting this initial file, however, jerking is gone (i.e. just as little as there was in the original internet video). Conversion was to an flv file at same quality.

Any ideas on that?

Greetings

Dr Bob