PDA

View Full Version : Sirius username/password error sign in

amfmradio
01-29-2010, 04:43 AM
Greetings...

Having an issue when trying to record the stream from Sirius this day....

When it attempts to login to record, Replay immediately gives me a username password error and to try again

I immediately went to the sirius website and tried logging in there and there were no issues, also checked my account status and i'm good for a couple more weeks....

its odd that i'm recieving this error because i have not changed or adjusted the settings on my recordings so there is no reason for this error to pop up

Any ideas?

UncleBill
01-29-2010, 06:00 AM
I got the same error starting today (yesterday was fine). I also get the error if I select "Tune To Station" but if I open IE or Firefox, I'm able to login to the Sirius player with no problem.

Please help.

Flat_Timmy
01-29-2010, 06:44 AM
Same problem here. Last night 7PM Ch 101 was fine. Midnight Ch 101 username/password error and again today 6AM Ch 100. Was able to start Siruus player last night and this morning.

happygirls
01-29-2010, 07:12 AM
I'm having the same problem. Who do we talk to about it:confused:

rxp1970
01-29-2010, 07:27 AM
I opened a case on this today also. Per case details everything worked fine as late as last night. I am running version 8.76 (latest version on site).

:(

JetsSuck
01-29-2010, 07:28 AM
I am having the same issue as well. It would be nice if someone from Applian would at least post that they are aware of the problem and that maybe something is in the works?:confused:

Cheryl Wester
01-29-2010, 07:35 AM
We are aware of this issue. They have apparently changed something. Our developer knows about this and when it can be updated it will be. Thanks.

bytes2bits
01-29-2010, 08:23 AM
We are aware of this issue. They have apparently changed something. Our developer knows about this and when/if it can be updated it will be. Thanks.

I'm fine waiting for the "when" part to happen but not the "IF". The previous Sirius login issue was the reason I recently purchased the new version of Replay A/V. I'll be requesting a refund if you're unable to create an update to fix the current login problem.
Thank you.

DADEO
01-29-2010, 08:53 AM
Just for the record, I'm using v.8.72 and this started about a week ago. Pain in the arse.

jgrierden
01-29-2010, 09:42 AM
I had trouble logging 1 or 2 times during the week. Today, Replay can't log in at all.
I purchased the new 8.76 version last time this happened.

linnie447
01-29-2010, 11:05 AM
I am also having the Sirius user/password error sign in...Hope you solve the problem soon......

jdammand
01-29-2010, 11:07 AM
I'll add myself to the list of people having this problem. I hope this is resolved quickly, this feature is the ONLY reason I bought this software.

CharlieSummers
01-29-2010, 11:32 AM
It's clear this is a systemic issue, so no one will be able to record Sirius Online with Replay A/V until an upgrade. But...

As a temporary workaround, go to XM Satellite Radio Free Trial (http://www.xmradio.com/player/guest/xmGuestActivationForm.action) and sign-up for a seven-day account. v8.76 works fine with XM Radio Online, so you can at least get to some of the duplicated Sirius stations.

ComradeThead
01-29-2010, 02:58 PM
We go through this every month or so. Sirius revises something associated with their logon process and Applian revises ReplayAV to deal with it. It would be wonderful if Applian could arrange for communications with Sirius so that they had advance notice of these things and were able to revise ReplayAV before the changes occur. For now, we have to wait for the ReplayAV update.

shawne
01-29-2010, 03:14 PM
Same problem. Replay A/V cannot log in. Firefox can login to Sirius online player, but cannot play. IE can login and play Sirius online player.

I am on Win 7 x64.

eridani013
01-29-2010, 04:13 PM
I got this problem too so I went to the sirius.com site and logged in with the same credentials as I those that are entered into Replay A/V. I noticed that after you enter your password on the Sirius site it is adding a TON of characters after those that I typed.

It NEVER did this before (or at least I never noticed it). I think this is the issue with Replay A/V as it doesn't enter those same extra characters at the end of the password that sirius.com adds to allow access.

Just something to consider when trying to fix this issue.

dlambley
01-29-2010, 04:41 PM
Same issue. Applian is usually quite good about getting an update out quickly when this happens, and telling us about it on the forums, in my experience.

CharlieSummers
01-29-2010, 05:35 PM
It would be wonderful if Applian could arrange for communications with Sirius so that they had advance notice of these things and were able to revise ReplayAV before the changes occur.

Um, you do realize the reason SiriusXM changes things is to prevent Replay A/V from recording the web streams, don't you? They do not exactly want you to be able to record, thanks to their pact with the devil...er...RIAA, I mean.

Bobbo
01-30-2010, 04:15 AM
You know, right on their "Replay A/V Technical Support" page in red on the top states that there is a problem with recording Sirius. Which if you ask me, is a good thing since this happen just last night and also you know that they are working on it, just like last time. Personally this notification saves me allot of aggravation about not knowing what the hell is going on.

codgus
01-30-2010, 06:01 AM
We are aware of this issue. They have apparently changed something. Our developer knows about this and when/if it can be updated it will be. Thanks.

I'm fine waiting for the "when" part to happen but not the "IF". The previous Sirius login issue was the reason I recently purchased the new version of Replay A/V. I'll be requesting a refund if you're unable to create an update to fix the current login problem.
Thank you.

I`m with Bytes2Bits, except I`m not okay with `WHEN` or `IF`, be that as it may, `IF` definitely shouldn't be an issue. Isn`t applian`s main reason for existence, Sirius & XM or Sirius XM ... whatever, subscribers? It`s hardly acceptable to entertain an `IF` comment. :confused:

codgus
01-30-2010, 06:36 AM
You know, right on their "Replay A/V Technical Support" page in red on the top states that there is a problem with recording Sirius. Which if you ask me, is a good thing since this happen just last night and also you know that they are working on it, just like last time. Personally this notification saves me allot of aggravation about not knowing what the hell is going on.

Don`t know if other`s appreciate it Bobbo, but your positive attitude is refreshing :). However, I like probably many am/are a fan of the talk stations of Sirius/XM. Recording these shows are mostly one shot live deals. Replays do exist, but they repeat so close to the live airing that in a day or two, your chance is missed. And having that one file to through on my Media player and listen at my pace is such a convenience. It`s not just about knowing what`s wrong, It`s buying a product that offers what seems like the mother load of all excellence, and expecting reasonably that the product at least work, all the time. If as much work is put into the product that is put in to this cool message board, is it really too much to ask?

[ To appian: Don`t make outrageous claims of it`s performance, if you can`t live up to it, be honest about it`s short comings when advertising to buy it. It`s not much when looking in to the bigger scheme of things in the world, but it my little limited existence, it`s all I have.:( ]

jshortell
01-30-2010, 06:55 AM
Thank you.

Amen. In addition, I just upgraded my Sirius account for Internet access primarily so I could record the shows I tend to miss.

bmack2000
01-30-2010, 08:42 AM
Amen. In addition, I just upgraded my Sirius account for Internet access primarily so I could record the shows I tend to miss.

Applian has done a very good job of countering all of Sirius's attempts to thwart recording of their content by periodically changing the login process, but it is probably inevitable that Sirius will ultimately win the war.

CharlieSummers
01-30-2010, 11:12 AM
but it is probably inevitable that Sirius will ultimately win the war.

In which case we will need to record through the "analog hole" using something like Replay Music or other available apps that record between the source and the speakers (something I did yesterday for a Sirius program before I switched to recording from a demo XM account). And even if that fails, a patch cable between audio-out and audio-in allows recording. It's really hard to eliminate the ability to record what the ear can hear, no matter how tough they try to make it.

Just whatever you do, don't try to record from a SiriusXM radio. The sound quality has become so bad, it's difficult to understand some of the overly-compressed talk channels. D*mned shame, too...satellite radio used to be amazing.

JacWm
01-30-2010, 01:41 PM
Second day with no Sirius or XM. Is there an ETA for the update?

allygater
01-30-2010, 01:48 PM
For the record, I have version 8.76 and my sirius channels stopped recording on Friday, Jan. 28, 2010.

Thanks for your help.

wpicha
01-30-2010, 06:48 PM
I just read on another forum that the developer for stream_on already has a fix for his program. That should be a good sign that a fix is possible for Replay A/V.

Here's the quote from that site:
"According to this post by Eric over in the Stream_ON Google Group, a new version 1.4.8 of Stream_On has been posted that apparently resolves the latest Sirius login problem of the past few days."

chrisakavern
01-30-2010, 07:53 PM

Thanks for pointing this out, I did miss it the first time I looked, I will pay more attention to that page thanks..

Hope they fix it soon, it was working great!!

Cheryl Wester
01-30-2010, 11:14 PM
Our developer is working on this. Thanks for continued patience.

UncleBill
01-30-2010, 11:33 PM
The folks over at geekstoolbox.com have already updated their Windows Mobile app so it must not be a very complicated fix. Hopefully, Replay will be fixed ASAP.

bmack2000
01-31-2010, 10:37 AM
In which case we will need to record through the "analog hole" using something like Replay Music or other available apps that record between the source and the speakers (something I did yesterday for a Sirius program before I switched to recording from a demo XM account). And even if that fails, a patch cable between audio-out and audio-in allows recording. It's really hard to eliminate the ability to record what the ear can hear, no matter how tough they try to make it.

Power to the people! But unattended recording will be limited to the time between the "Still Listening?" confirmations, won't it?

Anthony 1967
01-31-2010, 01:31 PM
This has happened in the past. Applian is usually great at fixing this.This type of thing has happened at least two other times as SiriusXM changes things from time to time. I have had this product for four years and it's been great.

STOP trashing them!!What do you want for Fifty bucks? They will fiqure it out have patience!

rmaverick
02-01-2010, 12:09 AM
sunday night, having the user/password login problem. running the newest version of the software upgraded to after the last time there was a login problem. Just posting so this stays hot until its fixed.

any updates out there Cheryl?

Rob_z
02-01-2010, 06:47 AM
If you're in desperate need to record now, use Replay A/V to record the stream (what you hear) from SiriusXMstreamer application. It's free.

http://www.permanence.com/sirius/

I tested it and it works good.

After logging in and streaming channel on SiriusXMstreamer, go to Replay A/V.

Replay A/V:
Record
Stream Capture
Highlight the URL that applied to your current stream (was the 2nd one for me)
Add selection as new recording
Complete show properties
Start recording

Make sure your show is playing on SiriusXMstreamer or recording will stop.

A temporary fix.

Rob

heyhojojo
02-01-2010, 07:14 AM
Agree with the opinion of bytes2bits.

DonMattingly
02-01-2010, 11:51 AM
If this has happend in the past, how long did it take to resolve?

Jaybe
02-01-2010, 12:39 PM
If you're in desperate need to record now, use Replay A/V to record the stream (what you hear) from SiriusXMstreamer application. It's free.

http://www.permanence.com/sirius/

Hello. Does the above software have some kind of stay-alive feature so that you aren't booted after the 90 minute mark?

Is that what you mean when you write, "Make sure your show is playing on SiriusXMstreamer or recording will stop."?

Thank you.

cjlemke10
02-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Yes Siriusxmstreamer works for as long as you have it going. Also, since it is its own tuner I notice it works much better than usirius ever did. Further, if you are familiar with Orb, it can be used with Orb in the same way that usirius worked with Orb. In noticing that replay a/v was out again this morning I went to permanence.com/sirius and found that he had already prepared a solution to the sirius login problem over the weekend and was able to use the streamer this morning to record sirius.

allygater
02-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Thanks for sharing this tuner!

codgus
02-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Applian has done a very good job of countering all of Sirius's attempts to thwart recording of their content by periodically changing the login process, but it is probably inevitable that Sirius will ultimately win the war.

That's utterly absurd, only a subscriber can record. What possible problem could Sirius have with that? :confused:

CharlieSummers
02-01-2010, 03:48 PM
That's utterly absurd, only a subscriber can record. What possible problem could Sirius have with that?

(*sigh*) Before you continue to make blanket assertions which are incorrect, I strongly urge you to re-read (or, from the sound of it, read for the first time) the SiriusXM's Terms of Service, which specifically prohibit you from recording any of their content.

(This clause was, IIRC, forced upon them by the recording industry, but it is there nevertheless. This means that, for example, should my daughter call up the Absolutely Mindy show, I could not record my own child's voice without violating contract law even though the RIAA has no legal copyright on her voice or comments.)

And also, please remember that non-subscribers can listen/record as well; anyone with an email account can receive a seven-day trial account to Sirius or XM online. Anyone with the ability to create multiple free email accounts could, theoretically, listen and record for as long as they wished by creating a new account every week. (Seems a royal pain in the patoots, and I can't imagine anything Sirius airs that would be worth the hassle, but is certainly possible.)

So no, it is hardly, "utterly absurd," although I might argue that the clause is kinda silly since it's pretty obvious there are a whole lot of us disinterested in abiding by it...

DonMattingly
02-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Has anyone heard from Applian about an estimated time of resolution? I consider this a severe error (its the only thing I use ReplayAV for). Given that, and the fact that two other software shops have it licked makes me wonder......Hopefully I am not coming across like a jerk, I just think they should have a better approach since this seems to happen somewhat regularly.

willieee
02-01-2010, 09:58 PM
this again!!?? ffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu%$K!!!
it just happened a couple months ago!!!!!
OK I get it now--Sirius doesn't want us to record. Why don't you tell us this up front Applian??!!
aaaaaghgghfhghhghghga!!!!
Replay AV is awesome, but not if its being undermined continuously...
I'd rather just play Sirius' game and get a stupid s50 or something...

HowardFan
02-01-2010, 10:01 PM
Sadly the support at Applian isn't what it used to be. I've been a subscriber for about 3 years and early on they were great with acknowledging problems and fixing them in a timely fashion, or at least keeping the community up to date.

Somewhere around 2yrs ago they outsourced their programming and support to India and ever since it's been downhill. I think each time there's a problem they have to find new programmers to learn and fix the issues. The last few times Sirius has made a change its taken Applian up to a week to fix the problem.

Hold tight, they will fix it, it just takes time.

bdub
02-01-2010, 11:52 PM
I noticed the same problem this morning also when trying to record, and I have to say that I am SICK of $%!$* Sirius. :mad: I paid for the internet service, twice, because they screwed up the first time. Why do they have such a problem with people recording from them? Lucky for them they have some stuff I actually like to listen to. Otherwise I'd want them to go under. I don't blame Applian for this, it is definitely Sirius's fault. All I can hope for is a quick fix.

Cheryl Wester
02-02-2010, 07:02 AM
Our developers and tech support is here in the US. Somethings are not as easy to fix as others and our dedicated developers are working on this as a type. When we have a fix it will be posted-and no I don't have a date for this. We did not change our program-Sirius changed what they do. Our program records thousands of links and Sirius is just a small part of what it can do.

mx125
02-02-2010, 10:16 AM
As a temporary fix (or possibly a final fix if Sirius passphrase is to dificult to overcome) is it possible to add a manual login box to begin the stream? Replay a/v would then record as normal and "keep the stream alive" from that point. If the options are either no recording of Sirius . . . or a manual initiation requirement . . . i'll take the latter.

voa
02-02-2010, 10:21 AM
The product may indeed serve many uses. However, recording Sirius is the only reason I purchased it.

DonMattingly
02-02-2010, 10:47 AM
I agree, recording Sirius is the only reason why I purchased. They market it as an agreement between Sirius and Applian, much like (but not exactly like) Sonos. I wish they would have stated that before I purchased. I even asked about this functionality and it was stated that the program works around it (whatever it is). Also, they are still advertising that the program records Sirius without any caveot that they are "working to fix the program to record Sirius". Sorry, I know it has only been a few days, just feel duped a little bit. My last post for a while as I am sure everyone is sick of it.....

mcrofut
02-02-2010, 12:49 PM
A fix for this latest issue with Sirius recordings is taking quite a while. Anyone at Applian have a status update for us? Is the new Replay AV build coming soon?

JacWm
02-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Sirius is just a small part of what it can do. but the only thing I use it for. I am waiting patiently, but right now it records as well as a stone.

HowardFan
02-02-2010, 02:11 PM
mx125 - is it possible to add a manual login box

Excellent suggestion MX125. As part of the new build or perhaps a future build, applian can add a check box for manual logins. This would cover us every 1-2 months when Sirius breaks their login process. It would at least give us the functionality to record and not be out of the water.

On a side note, I'm using the SiriusXMStreamer as noted above by another poster. I haven't gotten it to work for "scheduled" recordings but it does work for a manual recording. The program is a little fidgety but once you get it to work it does almost exactly what mx125 was suggesting.

Thanks, Howie :cool:

mx125
02-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the support. I was half wondering if that was already possible, but I guess that tells me it isn't currently part of the software. I'm pretty confident that they will find a solution and seem to be more responsive than most software co's. I would think those challenge phrase logins are tough to overcome. I'd actually be 75% happy if I had to login myself.

nixnerd
02-02-2010, 03:11 PM
I think I've been through this at least four times. Applian always fixes it. I think a few times it stayed fixed for over a year before Sirius broke it again.

I found a source for my favorite show on Sirius (6 hours long) that plays through WinAmp and just using ReplayAV to record the speaker audio for now. Still better than the messy way I used to do it with macro programs telling Sirius I was "still listening" and a timed audio recorder!

ReplayAV stream capture was a big improvement. I hope they fix it soon!

MGS9500
02-02-2010, 03:28 PM
I have downloaded the SiriusXM streamer noted in the previous posts.

It downloads through AV8 using the streaming audio in the record option without a hitch. There is no time out or need to respond every 1.5 hours.

It records in ASF and then I simply use AV8 to convert it to MP3.

vacuous
02-02-2010, 03:38 PM
Applian is always good at finding a work-around for what was broken by Sirius. I'm disappointed by this anger that some are directing towards Applian...

I am one of those folks that does use Replay A/V to record a variety of things, Sirius is only one of the things I record so i can listen to it at my leisure. Sirius is the ONLY thing that has ever stopped working for me.

Personally i'm very annoyed but only at Sirius.

Anthony 1967
02-02-2010, 03:41 PM
That will work if your at the computer. I use it to record shows past my bedtime. I can't be sitting at my computer in the middle of the night. Everyone have PATIENCE. I love this product. They will fix it.

ebrtmyr
02-02-2010, 03:50 PM
I, too, only bought Replay A/V to record Sirius, but the lack of patience by some posters is unreal...I guess that's more a testament to how much they love Howard even if they seem to be taking out on the developers.

I look forward to a fix and appreciate the efforts on behalf of the developers to continue to find work-arounds so that we can easily automate the recording process.

drappier
02-02-2010, 04:01 PM
(*sigh*) Before you continue to make blanket assertions which are incorrect, I strongly urge you to re-read (or, from the sound of it, read for the first time) the SiriusXM's Terms of Service, which specifically prohibit you from recording any of their content.

You are correct as fas as Internet radio is concerned.

But the Sirius Stiletto has a recording capability, and the recordings can be copied over to a PC.

jgatie
02-02-2010, 04:12 PM
You are correct as fas as Internet radio is concerned.

But the Sirius Stiletto has a recording capability, and the recordings can be copied over to a PC.

No they can't. They are DRM'd to the Stiletto only; you can't copy to, or play them on, a PC

HowardFan
02-02-2010, 04:19 PM
ebrtmyr - but the lack of patience by some posters is unreal --- Waaaaaaaa :p

Oh look, another post from what must be an applian employee. The Sirius logon/authentication broke Friday morning the 29th somewhere between 00:00 and 02:30. We are going on 5 days and it still isn't resolved. I understand it's difficult, but with applian it is always difficult. Look at SiriusXMStreamer. They fixed the Sirius logon issue the same day, so don't bark about being patient, and that's a free app!

Before Replay was purchased by applian it was the nuts (who remembers those days). They would have issues like this fixed within hours, now we get the same old run around. Don't let them fool you, this is a resource issue, not a technical road-bump. Those of you in the programming world know what I'm talking about.

Let's just hope it gets fixed and we aren't charged AGAIN like last time.

Cheers!!! Howie

oxfrd82
02-02-2010, 04:25 PM
I agree that this is frustrating, but I don't think the blame should be directed at Applian. Sirius is and has caused many problems since Jan. '06 and should receive the brunt of the blame.
I am grateful for the Applian service, and for the most part it works well. I am willing to put up with occasional downtime.
We are all such rabid fans, I think we lose sight of what great times we live in. I have confidence they will fix the problem. Hopefully before the weekend because then I can schedule recording of the replays.

UndeaD
02-02-2010, 04:37 PM
if anyone is missing out on recording the jason ellis show, PM me and i can provide you with more info on where you can access an archive of recordings to download for now..

CharlieSummers
02-02-2010, 05:10 PM

Er, no, they can't. They can be recorded to another source via the analog output jack (same as any of the XM radios with recording capability, back to the old XM2Go), but that would again be a recording which is a violation of your TOS (yes, the satellite Terms of Service specifically prohibit recordings; this isn't unique to the Internet stream TOS). I was using a Tao XM2Go a long time ago...mine still has some recordings on it, including the original conference call announcing the Sirius/XM merger. Later radios were designed to expire content on non-subscribed radios, but this one wasn't. Went through the Inno and Nexus radios (the only satellite radio I still have active is the Passport...er...MiniTuner connected to three Nexus radios, and that only because they give it to me at $4/month), all of which record, and all of which firewall off the AAC files from escape to the computer.

(I have often wondered about the recording capability of the radios...since they don't come with written permission to use them, are the recordings on them technical violations of the recording prohibition? I'm joking of course, but I'd also wager some RIAA lawyer could make the case they are...)

webhog
02-02-2010, 06:22 PM
Red Dragons!!!

zss42002
02-02-2010, 07:09 PM
when there is a fix will they pos it here in this thread?? also is there anyone with archives for howards shows we can get also bubbas??

rmaverick
02-02-2010, 09:36 PM
While Applian has fixed these issues before, it is disconcerting that Cheryl (or any other applian moderator) is no longer responding with any type of heads up. Previously she would comment at the forum on the problem periodically until it was fixed. Not a good sign.

Phreaker47
02-02-2010, 11:16 PM
You guys can use the free SiriusXMStreamer program (a proxy) in conjunction with replayAV, that's what I do. And the author of the former has already corrected the new login procedure. With that installed and running, just create a standard stream capture in ReplayAV that points to the local URL for the channel you want from SiriusXMStreamer. That's it. It works great. Better actually.

HowardFan
02-02-2010, 11:32 PM
Hey Phreaker47, have you had any success setting up a scheduled recording using SiriusXMStreamer? I can get a recording to work with "record now" checked, but not yet using the Replay Scheduler.

That's our new challenge until RAV has the fix. :cool:

UConnMRB
02-03-2010, 04:41 AM
I have gotten the streamer to work with "record what you hear." I don't do it using record now I set the start time one minute after I set up the recording. Windows sometimes pops up and says the replay av has an error but it continues to record as long as you don't click anything in the windows error message box. This process is not as nor is it as stable as replay so let's hope they get it fixed. This is really messing with my Stern listening.

amfmradio
02-03-2010, 04:47 AM
While Applian has fixed these issues before, it is disconcerting that Cheryl (or any other applian moderator) is no longer responding with any type of heads up. Previously she would comment at the forum on the problem periodically until it was fixed. Not a good sign.

no, its obviously a sign that she's fed up of having to repeat herself over and over again to you whiny bitches....waaaaaaaaah....go get a kleenex and dab your eyes.....problem is noted, she told you they were working on it, now you wait! how much more status updates do you need in the mean time? What kind of cereal they're eating? What kind of toilet paper they use?

Good lord, some how i get the impression i bought a piece of software that is primarily owned by 12 year olds by the garbage on this forum

amfmradio
02-03-2010, 04:52 AM
@HowardFan

then if all you can do is bellyache about the problems with the software, why'd you bother buying it again??? please, do everyone who work on putting the software out and everyone on these forums, do NOT renew your software, and find something else to use...

only one more year on the contract, sounds as much like a whiner as the guy your handle is named after

again, I'm astonished that there is much whining, but yet YOU bought the software, YOU decided to buy the upgrade knowing that once in a while things will come up with the login to SiriusXM but yet its everyone elses fault.....would love to know how that works

nb419
02-03-2010, 07:19 AM
I can't understand the last few unthinking backlash kneejerk comments from AMFMRadio.

Who are you? Do you even use this software? The name and slant smack of terrestrial radio upper management. Les? Is that you?

I rely on this program to work. I have one machine that stays on and just runs A/V 8.

The daily users want their software to do what it is designed to do. They are not somehow asking this company to work miracles. This exact circumstance has been encountered before. There should be a plan in place to handle this issue when, not if, it arises again.

The turn around in the past has been impressive, as has been the communication to the forum of progress made. Until this week I would have said Applian was the best run software developer out there, I wanted to put them in charge of the internet. No more. This debacle has shattered my confidence.

I have been checking back each morning, hoping to see a post by an ADMIN telling me I won't miss another program. This is the SIXTH such morning I've been disappointed.

My question is has anyone found a solution? Whether that be a different recording program or a fix to the one I've already bought. If the manpower at Applian is gone, maybe an open source structure would let some of the talented users fix this thing.

This software was a great find for me and has performed well for years. I'd like to see a plan put in place, and normalcy restored. I'm a big fan of Applian, but its the true fans who boo loudest in disappointment.

Boo.

(No, Mr. Moonves I don't mean boohoo.)

eridani013
02-03-2010, 07:35 AM
Can we please get an update from the Applian staff on this issue? This is becoming a real pain in the ass and it seems that every other application that accesses the Sirius streams has been fixed but Replay A/V.

Thanks.

gcincotta
02-03-2010, 07:43 AM
I agree 100%. Every week there is a problem with this feature, yet the only responses from the staff are "we haven't been able to recreate this issue," or "the problem must lie with them NOT us." I'm sorry, but if numerous users are all having the same issue, myself included, then there IS an issue and it needs to be addressed. I paid $80 for this software, basically for it to do one thing for me. ONE. I'm glad that there's a billion features included, but if the one feature that I need consistently breaks every week, and isn't even being addressed, then that is not only poor customer service, but it is unethical in the computing world. I expect to be able to record XM every day on schedule from 6am to 12pm eastern time. That's what it says this software can do, and that's what I paid for. I didn't pay for software that could possibly record daily, but will break often and won't get fixed.

AmazingLarry
02-03-2010, 08:06 AM
Exactly. "Give them a break" only works when all of the free (SiriusXMStreamer) applications aren't working. A paid program should be the very first program updated when something like this happens because there should be paid programmers working on the problem

SiriusXMStreamer and Orb seem to be a more reliable combination of software to record Sirius, in fact I'm already using them instead of ReplayAV and probably won't ever go back.

rkboswell
02-03-2010, 08:25 AM
Best quick workaround I found was to schedule a separate A/V recording job using "capture by Recording Audio Output". Then launching the Sirius player using Firefox with the QuickJava (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1237) add-on.

This add-on is needed so you can disable the javascript once the player is playing your Sirius station (thus disabling the inactivity timer). Otherwise, the Sirius player will log you out after a few hours.

So start the player, Login.
Tune into your station.
Disable JavaScript in the browser by clicking the button on the bottom-right corner of the browser...and leave it playing all day.

http://z.about.com/d/browsers/1/G/E/L/-/-/quickjava.png

Schedule your new A/V job.

Been using this all week...

Help001
02-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Hi rkboswell

I don't see these Java icons, I've got 2 coffee cups, which I guess means I need to update Java.

link1277
02-03-2010, 09:13 AM
Any update to this issue or is this going to require an upgrade to the AV software?:confused:

rkboswell
02-03-2010, 09:18 AM
Hi rkboswell

I don't see these Java icons, I've got 2 coffee cups, which I guess means I need to update Java.

You need to install the QuickJava add-on for Firefox browser and restart the browser, or find another way to disable JavaScript executing on whatever browser you are using (IE, etc...).

Help001
02-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Here's my work around

I changed to continuous recording in a sirius recording page
changed to recording from speakers.
changed to split recording every 60 minutes
changed to convert from mp3 to windows media file.
press record now

Then hit tune to station
sirius login screen comes up
it throws you off 3 or 4 times and opens sirius websites
just keep trying, eventually it will work
it puts your password in the letter solver line, it goes to 'get your password screen' hit 'back"

put in password and solver quickly because replay 8 will time out because of silence.
if that happens close the log in screen and do tune to station again

I leave replay 8 and the sirius tuner up on my screen. Seems to last until about 6:30 AM. Then try to log back in.
If you've done this too many times Sirius won't play then restart computer.

Cheryl Wester
02-03-2010, 09:23 AM
We are working on an update and the developer should have it ready for release today. Thanks. I will post it here and in the tech support page when it is ready.

Help001
02-03-2010, 09:32 AM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27879953@N07/4328230934/Ok so I showed you my way.
I'm not a smart computer guy so sorry if this is obvious...
I installed the siriusStreamer last night.
I had to upgrade to NET 3.5 for Windows

I had do do some other upgrades of the softwares once they were in.

I ended up with this.
I assume my IP has to go in one of these screens but I'm not sure where and where to get it.

Help001
02-03-2010, 09:35 AM
You need to install the QuickJava add-on for Firefox browser and restart the browser, or find another way to disable JavaScript executing on whatever browser you are using (IE, etc...).

More info?
look on the internet? or is it under options somewhere

Also on my workaround I seemed to have to make Internet Explorer my default browser

CharlieSummers
02-03-2010, 09:42 AM
I posted my workaround the first day; go to XM Radio Online (http://www.xmradio.com/player/guest/xmguestregister.action) and sign up for a guest account; Replay A/V 8.76 works just fine with XM Online, almost all channels are duplicated, and it's worked fine for me while waiting for Applian's update.

(Yes, the boring shock-jocks are available on the demo account under the ironically-named "Best of Sirius," if you only care about listening to that.)

davejulien
02-03-2010, 11:37 AM
We are working on an update and the developer should have it ready for release today. Thanks. I will post it here and in the tech support page when it is ready.
Applian, do you think you could add a feature when there is a failure that it would email me? Maybe put this in the settings somewhere. I leave my computer unattended most of the time and don't notice right away that something didn't record. I typically only use the recordings as "backups" in case my receiver screws up when it records(Sirius Stiletto 2).

I'm asking because I just noticed there was a failure and this started 4 days ago.

Thanks for your consideration.

jgatie
02-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Looks like the fix is up, but not listed on Updates page yet:

http://www.applian.com/replay-av/support/index.php

HowardFan
02-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Yes I see the fix has been posted. Thank you Applian! The courier from India must have just arrived. Haha... :D

I think we had some great suggestions by the user community for enhancements to the next version of Replay AV. These will put the customer base at ease and also take the heat off of Applian in the short term. If they decide to implement them is another story.

1) Allow for manual entry of Sirius UserID/Password in the event Sirius "changes" their authentication process. This would alleviate me (and others) having to get on here and complain about the product not working at all.

2) Event notification via email. This would be a wonderful addition. Give users the flexibility of getting verbose output from recordings in the event of success/failure or other conditions. I do the same thing as davejulian and at times can't always babysit my recordings. It would be nice to get an email daily knowing everything is running smooth.

Thanks folks - see you on MyGeekTime.com -Ralph (aka HowardFan) :cool:

jgatie
02-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Hey! It's Techo Berry. :D

mx125
02-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the fix. I appreciate the effort!

nixnerd
02-03-2010, 03:05 PM
Thanks Applian for the Sirius Login fix! This means....

1: I can use stream capture again.

2: I don't have to investigate other methods of recording.

3: Most importantly, I don't have to read any more posts from
that arrogant boob CharlieSummers!

DonMattingly
02-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Whatever nixnerd, at least CharlieSummers was trying to be helpful by posting workarounds. Nice work on the boob slam though, classic!

Cheryl Wester
02-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Please make sure you uninstall and reboot prior to doing an update for the new version.

http://www.applian.com/replay-av/demo.php

Bobbo
02-03-2010, 05:25 PM
works great THANK YOU, question when you upgrade, why do you have to uninstall everything first before reinstalling while with other programs this is done automatically? Thanks again

dlambley
02-03-2010, 06:20 PM
Just installed, and works great! Great work, applian!

Anthony 1967
02-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Thanks Cheryl and the team for the quick fix..

fkophamel
02-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Just uninstalled 8.76. Installed 8.77. Tried logging into to Sirius. Error message says
"error: couldn't get a specific error after login attempt"

fkophamel
02-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Ignore previous post. Apparently account expired today. Needed to sign up again. Works fine.

JacWm
02-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Everything works great. Upgraded to full suite. Thanks for the update!

Flat_Timmy
02-04-2010, 10:23 PM
First installed Replay in June. Updated after Sirius login change back in November and again yesterday. Software works, but both updates cause Vista to ask for permission to continue before starting Replay. Initial version didn't ask. Why is Vista doing this?

jgatie
02-05-2010, 07:06 AM
First installed Replay in June. Updated after Sirius login change back in November and again yesterday. Software works, but both updates cause Vista to ask for permission to continue before starting Replay. Initial version didn't ask. Why is Vista doing this?

It's the Windows Firewall. It's asking if the new program should be allowed access to the internet. It's to prevent programs that you have no knowledge of from accessing the internet and sending your personal information to someone shady.