PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Freecorder4 Audio Problem

gablu1
01-26-2010, 01:16 PM
I have been using Freecorder3 to record from external sources - radio, etc. since I have Vista & dial-up (country living - very slow...). Everything was working fine until I was prompted to update to IE8, whereupon my Freecorder vanished w/ urges to update to Freecorder4. After doing that, I could no longer record externally (the internal source records OK). Not only that, but my speakers would no longer play the external source. I've tried mainpulaing the settings, different sound cards, etc. to no avail. Can anyone please help me?

Tasha Heinlein
02-02-2010, 08:01 AM
Freecorder 4 does not have a line-in option. It will not record from an external source, however this fact does not affect the sound on your system.

cloche
03-18-2010, 03:22 PM
Freecorder 4 does not have a line-in option. It will not record from an external source, however this fact does not affect the sound on your system.

Tasha, I have just come across this while trying to research my post 'Freecorder from line in' .It may explain why my friend cant do it in XP, but I can certainly do it from line in on my Packard Bell running windows 7, and it refutes the claim that freecorder records anything coming out of your speakers