PDA

View Full Version : Freecorder 4 waiting for audio even though I hear sound

charlidino
04-20-2009, 07:27 PM
"Waiting for audio" that is the message that I get, and it is always like that.
I play music and other kind of sounds and nothing, I unplugged my microsoft web cam that has a mic built in, and plugged in a recular mic, and nothing, the sound card taht I have is a SB X-Fi Audio [1100].
Any help, what can I do to start using this freecorder toolbar? Thanks a lot

Jeff Lenney
04-21-2009, 06:39 PM
Good evening

What program are you having this issue with, the freecorder toolbar?

You put it under the general audio forum, and not a specific program forum -so I need to make sure.

Thanks! :-)

charlidino
04-21-2009, 06:49 PM
Sorry for tha, I am having problem with the freecorder toolbar, if you could help me I woul appreciatte it, (sorry for my english)

charlidino
04-21-2009, 08:44 PM
I forgot, I am using windows xp, I have installed in Explorer 8 and Firefox

Cheryl Wester
04-21-2009, 10:30 PM
Make sure you are running the program as an administrator. Also, start recording first and then go to what you want to capture. If you still have an issue the best thing for you to do is contact tech support as you will get more personalized attention.

carlobee
12-01-2009, 07:15 PM
Make sure that you click Record Audio immediately after opening your browser - before going to the site that you want to record from and playing the audio.

This. I do basically this one. I am still using Win XP too.

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

kiralove
12-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Thank you. That worked. However, the sound did keep cutting out, at least on what was coming through my computer speakers. But when I went to listen to the saved Forerecorder file, it played through, no skipping... hmmm...

denny
12-12-2009, 02:38 PM
I just dowmloaded the free version of Freecorder 4. The installation went ok, but when I try to record something,the audio window appears with "waiting for audio" but there are no waves and it does not record, even though the "stop recording" button is there. What could be going wrong? Thanks.

Tasha Heinlein
12-13-2009, 10:27 PM
Make sure that you click Record Audio immediately after opening your browser - before going to the site that you want to record from and playing the audio.

denny
12-15-2009, 04:50 PM
OK, that works fine now. Thank you very much for that info!! :)

jakolantern
01-05-2010, 04:01 AM
Thank you Tasha.I have had the same problem for days.Now cured.[hence] "if all else fails,read the instructions"....Jakolantern

jamison
01-24-2010, 10:40 PM
Nothing........flatline.

I can hear the streamin radio station on my PC......but theres nothing on the Freecorder 4 Audio window....just a flat line.

What should I do/check?

thx

Tasha Heinlein
02-03-2010, 10:03 PM

jshollis
02-04-2010, 09:37 PM
I can testify to this as well. It does NOT work with last.fm's Scrobbler app.

JOK3RNY
08-08-2010, 06:54 PM
ok well if you have Windows 7, Windows 7 uses extra security compared to windows Vista and XP, you have to disable the Protected Mode in Explorer since thats my Default browser, u have to go to Explorer, Tools, Internet Options, Security and Uncheck the Protected Mode to turn it off and VUUUALAAA, your all set to record streaming Audio. ENJOY!! :D

Leopard71
08-08-2010, 09:33 PM
Im having same issue..just downloaded and Im using Firefox..The freerecord box appears and nuthin happens.. I had a brief glimpse of an audio drivers box, after the install and it concerns me if Im missing drivers

what to do..so I have a note in to tech svc

stetsonlily
08-24-2010, 08:37 AM
I am using Explorer and Vista. I was able to record a dozen songs, now it remains flatline. I've disabled Norton, and Protected Mode in Explorer. I've allowed the Freecorder site in Explorer. Still nothing. Suggestions?

altair401
10-17-2010, 07:07 AM
Im having the same issue as well...worked great for a while then all of a sudden it wont detect any audio

jack0816
11-26-2010, 07:13 AM
Same issues others have have with flatline waiting for audio while i am streaming from internet radio. I am using firefox and XP operating system. Stuck...

yoavmali
03-17-2011, 04:44 AM
I installed Freecorder and use it the toolbar of ie8 in Windows 7. when I hit record, it brings up a box, "waiting for audio" while there is some radio that I hear. I open the recorder before I opened the radio. The first time i download the software it was o.k. I used it several days. After some days suddenly it sopped to record. I restert my computer then start again the software and it was o.k. sometimes I had to reinstall the program and after that it was o.k. . After several days it happened again and again till today that it doesn`t work at all evev I uninstall the program and install again. Can someone help me? Thanks and sorry about my English.

Renee
03-22-2011, 04:47 PM
I am having all these problems and can't seem to get to the simple internet options that have been mentioned. And of course.. Im under the gun now to have this up and running to record a 7pm show tonight... HEEELLLLPPPP!! anyone! Everything appears to be working except this...

Jeff Lenney
03-22-2011, 10:45 PM
I am having all these problems and can't seem to get to the simple internet options that have been mentioned. And of course.. Im under the gun now to have this up and running to record a 7pm show tonight... HEEELLLLPPPP!! anyone! Everything appears to be working except this...

Sorry for the late response - what OS are you using, and what Internet Browser and version?

Also - Be sure to start the audio recorder BEFORE browsing to and playing the audio that you’d like it to record. The audio recorder needs to be started first. If you’re using Windows Vista, be sure to enable the Windows Vista Audio driver in Freecorder’s audio capture settings.

Don Gaynor
04-05-2011, 08:34 AM
This morning I got a message "Can't load Freecorder Community Toolbar because it is not compatible with Firefox 4.0." I am running Firefox 4.1 with Windows 7/64 bit. Previous versions of Freecorder worked perfectly on this computer until the most recent Firefox update. Now I get the flat line and "Waiting for audio" message. I have tried all of the suggestions in this thread to no avail. Please help.

stream-recorder.com
04-05-2011, 01:59 PM
This morning I got a message "Can't load Freecorder Community Toolbar because it is not compatible with Firefox 4.0." I am running Firefox 4.1 with Windows 7/64 bit. Previous versions of Freecorder worked perfectly on this computer until the most recent Firefox update. Now I get the flat line and "Waiting for audio" message. I have tried all of the suggestions in this thread to no avail. Please help.
I didn't have any problem after updating to Firefox 4. But there was an update of Freecorder 4 that which supports Firefox 4. Did you download the latest version of Freecorder?

pac1985
05-28-2011, 08:22 AM
Hi,

I am attempting to record audio and even though I can hear it Freecorder just sits there in a "waiting for audio" state. I tried upgrading from 4.x to 5.x and this did not resolve the problem. I had previously been able to record with no issues. I am running XP. Thanks.

babylon5
06-11-2011, 06:50 AM
I had to downgrade from Win7 to Vista on DELL D830 laptop and started to get this problem after the full set of windows updates. I got the "waiting for audio" message, yellow line moves with the audio and I can hear the audio.

I managed to get it working after alot of re-installing and testing. Advise users to investigate the sound driver properties and the driver files. Install the latest sound drivers first. I noticed this issue starts happening when the "Default format" is changed from 16 bit, 44100Hz CD Quality. This is found in the sound settings - playback tab (right click the speaker icon) - properties - Advanced tab.
If you have more than one playback device, try to disable the ones that are not needed as a test, I have two in mine and can record audio after re-setting the default format back to the minimum setting.

In Win7 I had this set at 16bit, 192000Hz studio quality without any problems,, but in Vista I have to set it at the minimum setting.

Hope this helps :-)