PDA

View Full Version : Recent problem with certain recording radio programs

Robert Merrihew
01-19-2010, 08:50 AM
It seems that many radio stations are using Flash now; is this effecting the ability to record those stations? WSPD in Toledo a recent example.

Greasy Gus
01-19-2010, 05:00 PM
I was going to start a thread on this exact problem using the same station. Seems WSPD has changed streaming software which Replay A/V doesn't see. URL finder sees nothing yet I can hear the stream via my browser. WSPD is the first station I encountered the problem. Poking around other stations I find the same problem where the new software exists.

Anyone know what's happenin'?

jppwt
01-20-2010, 01:05 PM
Just piling on here. I have the same problem with 3 or 4 stations. Many other stations no longer work through Replay A/V at all (probably a URL change). Are stations/programs ever tested and updated?

I would like to know if a fix is found.

Thanks,
John

Cheryl Wester
01-20-2010, 01:20 PM
We do not monitor the links but do change them constantly as we are notified that they are wrong. Prior to letting us know please delete a show off of your AV and then add it again. If it has changed from stream capture to audio it will be set up correctly. Most of the Clear Channel stations have gone this route. Let us know in tech support or through the link on our Media Guide

Greasy Gus
01-20-2010, 05:47 PM
Works like a champ. I deleted the existing show. Went to Media Guide found the show and clicked "add". I then tried to tune the station and was successful.

Thanks.

Cammo
01-21-2010, 06:46 PM
Unfortunately, as more stations do whatever it is that requires audio recording, the more useless AV becomes as you can no longer record more than 1 show in the same time frame...Unless you defeat their methods, I doubt many more updates will be sold!

Cheryl Wester
01-21-2010, 08:12 PM
There are thousands of stations that you can capture using stream capture still. We know as we update all the time. Even though some are audio the majority are not.

Greasy Gus
01-21-2010, 08:14 PM
I was thinking the same thing.

Cammo
01-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Well, maybe I'm just lucky, but most of the shows I want to record have gone "audio only". Every time one station would convert, I'd use the show search and find another. Now, they've mostly all converted! I would like to give you props on the show search function however, it is well done!

I still think you could defeat the changing "auth codes" in the URLs by simply (yeah, I know, easy for me to say...) capturing the current URL and inserting it into the URL block just before recording starts. All they're doing (on the clear channel sites I looked at a while back) is changing the URL (by inserting a different "auth code") periodically so that a previously captured & stored URL no longer works...