PDA

View Full Version : Windows Update vs Freecorder, any fix?

jackwats
01-17-2010, 07:57 AM
Windows update kb955759 causes error on opening freecorder recorder while in Internet Explorer 7. I get the window asking if I want to send details to Microsoft, I choose not to and windows xp refreshes the screen, dropping a few programs in the quick launch tray (spybot search and destroy). Supprisingly though the recorder then works just fine as far as I can tell. Hopefully someone has found a solution other than removing the kb955759.
Jack

Sure do love this program

Tasha Heinlein
01-17-2010, 09:36 AM
Using Firefox is the only work around available at this time.

jackwats
01-17-2010, 12:45 PM
Thanks Tasha, looks like I'll have give Firefox a try.
Jack

wmbill
01-22-2010, 12:05 AM
Oh, Tasha, I see you've finally confirmed the windows update problem that I posted well over a month ago! Nice to know I'm not crazy after all! I'm amazed that you haven't had more complaints. I guess not too many people are using XP/IE8 with Freecorder. I've been using Freecorder 3 (much better than 4) with Firefox and it's working ok, so far....... I haven't allowed it to update. Hope you can fix IE8 though as it works better on my system than Firefox. Are you planning to announce the fix when it happens? I'd like to know so I don't waste time monitoring this forum. Thanks and goodluck.