PDA

View Full Version : Does the quality of the soundcard in the PC impacts the recorded result?

hugo
01-17-2010, 04:55 AM
Hi,

I have a Spotify premium subscribtion which I'd like to use for recording.

Since Spotify Premium provides quaility with up to 320 kbs I would like to make use of it in my recordings.

Since Replay Music uses the output from the soundcard I assume that the quality of the digital-analog conversion in the soundcard is to be considered.

Or have I totally misundertood the technology behind Replay Music?

Best regards,
Hugo

Cheryl Wester
01-17-2010, 08:46 AM
Our program uses our own sound driver. You are also able to set it up in the settings for the bitrate that you want to record at. A suggestion is to give the demo of the program a try and see if it meets your needs.

hugo
01-17-2010, 01:21 PM
Hi,
Thanks for you quick weekend response. :)
Excuse my ignorance about the subject, but are you saying that the sound card of the PC is not involved at all and that Replay actually captures the data at the same time that it is sent to the soundcard. Can you point at any links to flow diagrams or documents which make sit easier for me to understand?

I tried the Demo and it sounds OK. But I'd like to be sure I get the best out of the 320 kbit/s stream and don't have a weak link in the middle destroying the quality when I then record at 320 in Replay Music with what I think is excellent quality.

Many thanks,
Hugo