PDA

View Full Version : Having Many Troubles

lbuttery
01-16-2010, 10:33 PM
Hi:

New to Replay AV, bought 8.14 awhile back but only used it once

time to try again

upgraded to 8.76 today and just can't see to get the steps down to capture youtube videos.

after much banging around I can occasionaly get a recording to save by doing "preview url" but many times it just records the prior recording.

I've managed to get 6 videos to record so far but with much hassle and head banging each time :(

this software is not very intuitive or I have something "wrong" ???

also tried to record XM, I can play it fine on my PC but can't record it
even tried recording what is playing on speakers and all I get is static when I play it back.

About ready to give up on this software :(

Lew

Cheryl Wester
01-17-2010, 08:44 AM
This has been addressed in a ticket you wrote to tech support. Always use the URL Finder under Tools to find a good URL. For XM verify that you are able to record XM on the computer without our program. Then open up AV and select Record-Record XM. Enter your login information without changing anything else and set up your schedule. It will work for you. Thanks.

lbuttery
01-20-2010, 04:52 PM
Hi:

I replied to your ticket reply

I was able to solve my audio problem.

turns out there is a differece between system audio (what Replay tries to record) and speaker audio

I had to go to control panel - sound - recording tab and do a right click and select "display disabled devices" which then displayed my sound mixer
I then enabled the sound mixer and was able to use Camstudio to record videos with their audio fine

some sound cards can't do this and a patch cord from the line-out (headphones) jack to the line-in (mic) jack will do the trick as well

I will start over again with Replay AV and see if I can get it to behave consistently and to try and record XM

Lew