PDA

View Full Version : I hid my Freecorder toolbar - how to get it back?

Snooze
01-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Newbie here...

I just installed the software. The one time I've used it so far, it worked great.

Then I decided I didn't want the Freecorder toolbar constantly taking up real estate in the IE8 window on my small monitor. So I right clicked on the toolbar and chose the option to hide it. (I forget the exact word on the button I clicked. There was another button "Disable" which I did *not* click.)

It is now hidden - so well hidden that I can't figure out how to restore it.

How do I get it back??

:confused:

- Snooze

Jeff Lenney
01-12-2010, 10:50 PM
Heya Snooza

Oops! :-)

Well, I hate to be so simple, but you SHOULD be able to right click and re-enable it. Also, you may want to go into TOOLS/add-ons and see if it's enabled.

Worse case scenario, you can simply un-install it using add/remove programs from your control panel, reboot your PC and re-install a fresh copy.

I hope this helps! :)

carlobee
01-13-2010, 05:26 PM
a mere right click would do. :) and yes, what Jeff said.

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

Snooze
01-14-2010, 12:54 AM
Right click where?... errrm... On the menu bar?

:D Oh yes, my invisble menu bar.

Back when I installed IE8, I had to tweak the registry to hide some annoying unwanted bars at the top of the IE8 window. As a side effect my IE8 menu bar is invisible unless being used. I reveal it with the keyboard shortcuts. Trouble is, when I click directly on it, it vanishes....

I figured out a way to get to the menu-bar right-click menu anyhow. And presto, my Freecorder toolbar is back.

:rolleyes:

Thanks for your fast replies!

- Snooze