PDA

View Full Version : BBC iPlayer recorded fine, but doesn't now - help!

russelljclarke
01-04-2010, 05:41 AM
I bought Media Catcher specifically to record 6 shows from BBC 1Player. The first 4 recorded fine, but after a computer restart (for other reasons) the 5th now doesn't show up in the record listing, even though my sequence of events was no different (load MC, start recording, then load the stream). I've cleared my cache etc after reading the user guide, and everything else is as was, so if anyone can help me I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks

russelljclarke
01-04-2010, 05:49 AM
Oh ... I'm using Chrome, not IE (though I was before, so that shouldn't make a difference.

russelljclarke
01-04-2010, 06:03 AM
It's not the BBC, RMC won't capture YouTube either! Please help someone!!

russelljclarke
01-04-2010, 06:17 AM
Uninstalling and reinstalling the program cleared whatever the problem was, but (tech support) I don't want to have to do that every time! Please can you figure out what the problem was so that it's simpler to clear whatever the fault was.

Thanks, and otherwise very happy customer!

jslaff
01-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Chrome's beta version 4 often crashed on me when recording with RMC from YouTube. Once it crashed, it threw my computer into such havoc--browsers and all Internet traffic stopped--that I had to restart. I eventually uninstalled the Chrome beta, and don't have a problem (well, that problem at least).

carlobee
01-04-2010, 08:10 PM
How bout Firefox?

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

russelljclarke
01-04-2010, 11:13 PM
Thanks for your responses, I really appreciate your thoughts. However, as I was able to get RMC working again by uninstalling/reinstalling, I don't think the problem is with Chrome.

Russ