PDA

View Full Version : Why do I have an Ask & Record Toolbar folder?

ellby
01-01-2010, 08:24 AM
I am incredibly frustrated - I just installed the Replay Media Catcher. At no point during the installation was I asked whether I wanted to install some toolbar, but all of a sudden, this "Ask and Record Toolbar" folder appeared in My Documents.

It is undeleteable, even when Replay Media Catcher is closed.

I was unable to locate it in "Change or Remove Programs."

I'm irritated that this was installed without my knowledge or permission, and I've uninstalled Replay Media Catcher - it was the only way I was able to get rid of it. Is there another way??

Tasha Heinlein
01-01-2010, 03:26 PM
The toolbar is not installed on your system. The Ask folder is part of the video history component of Media Catcher. The reason it has the Ask & Record name is because it was first used in that program. We plan on renaming this folder with the next update.

ellby
01-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Hi Tasha,

Thank you for the speedy response. That certainly explains why I couldn't "uninstall" it.

Regardless of what it is named, I still do not know how to remove this unwanted folder that contains nothing from my computer.

Clearing my video history, closing Real Media Catcher, etc. it just pops back up.

I save my videos and music to my desktop so that I can then choose where to organize it, and I'd prefer to not have an empty, apparently useless folder sitting there.

Tasha Heinlein
01-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Go to your task manager and end task on flvsrvc.exe. You will not be able to use the video history function of the program without re-creating that folder. In the future please keep responses to either the ticket or the forum so I do not need to type duplicate responses. Thank you!