PDA

View Full Version : How to fix file corrupted by Replay A/V

REPV8_User
12-30-2009, 06:51 PM
I stopped a scheduled recording before the end of the scheduled time and Replay A/V saved just a portion of a file to MP3 format and got stuck. The temporary .wav file runs fine for few minutes and then runs several times faster.
Is there a way to fix it? I tried Audacity and All Media Fixer with no good results.

Cheryl Wester
12-31-2009, 03:00 PM
If the file is not a .cap file I don't believe it can be fixed. It sounds like the file did not have time to finish processing when you closed it. You might try and rename the extension to what you want to see if that does correct the issue.

thetalk
01-21-2010, 12:03 PM
I've found that ending files can do that. I have found changing it to an "asf" file extension can make it playable, usually.

However, it is interesting that I can't "forward" and "rewind" as usual. I also lose the ability to adjust the play speed setting. I adjust the speed of recordings to listen to more shows in less time. Windows media player will speed the shows up, but adjusts the pitch so the voices don't sound like chimpmunks. Just look under View/Enhancements/Play speed settings.

One fix that I've found to make it "normal" is to change the extension as mentinoed above, then open it with "Goldwave" software, then save it as an mp3 or whatever you want.