PDA

View Full Version : How to unset the appian search engine in the toolbar

atmahan
12-07-2009, 10:03 AM
I have recently downloaded and successfully installed Freecorder 4 and it works great!

...except for the search function.

I am using Firefox and like how I can use Google to perform my searches.

Freecorder appears to also use Google but uses an different layout on their results page.

I like the original Google one since it allows for a quick link for (non Pixsy) Videos, Maps, Books. etc..

Since the applian search results page does not have a quick link for this I am forced to first type in www.google.com then perform my search.

So now I have two search fields (one in the Applian toolbar and the other in the Firefox toolbar) that I am not using.

If I can disable (or remove) the Applian search functionality would solve everthing.

There is a setting under Additional Settings that says:

Enable switch back to default Search Engine

but it doesn't seem to do anything?

Does anyone know how to disable/remove the Search function in the Applian toolbar?

Thanks

carlobee
12-07-2009, 07:19 PM
I would want to know that one too. I do get bothered sometimes looking at two different search boxes on my firefox. :D

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

Tasha Heinlein
12-07-2009, 10:28 PM
You can set your default search to whatever you want. This will not remove the search bar from Freecorder 4. It is not possible to remove the search bar.

atmahan
12-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Too bad I can't deactivate the search window in the toolbar, it is redundant.

On the brightside, I did finally figure out that checking the box for :

Enable switch back to default Search Engine

Lets me then go back to the search window that comes with Firefox and select Google again as my default search website.

So I can now go back to a search page that I am use to using and keep the Freecoder toolbar.

Like carlobee said the only thing now is that I have two search fields for Firefox.

Oh well, at least now I can recorder whatever I want on demand.

Thanks!

stream-recorder.com
12-09-2009, 05:54 AM
Like carlobee said the only thing now is that I have two search fields for Firefox.
You can remove the Firefox search box:

Right-Click on an empty area on the toolbar
Select "Customize…" from the context menu
If you want to move the search box just grab it holding the left mouse button and drag it where you want it to be.
If you want to remove the search box just grab it holding the left mouse button and drag it into the "Customize Toolbar" window.

Gadfly
12-09-2009, 11:11 AM
You can remove the Firefox search box:

Right-Click on an empty area on the toolbar
Select "Customize…" from the context menu
If you want to move the search box just grab it holding the left mouse button and drag it where you want it to be.
If you want to remove the search box just grab it holding the left mouse button and drag it into the "Customize Toolbar" window.

I believe that it is not the Firefox search box, but the Freecorder search box that people are wanting to remove.