PDA

View Full Version : Can't log into XM

tigercat74
11-20-2009, 07:01 AM
I can't log into XM. I get a error: post login when I try to record. When I try to tune to the station though Replay Tuner, it goes to a white screen with a wrench, screwdriver and a man digging sign. I have downloaded the new software.

jataka
11-20-2009, 08:06 AM
Yup, I am getting the same error: Unable to tune to XM/Sirius feed error: post-login ->
Replav AV Version 8.73

edadks
11-20-2009, 08:22 AM
Same here, can't Tune to Station or Record XM. Using v8.73.

Please try to fix before the O&A 3pm replay :)

cgiordano
11-20-2009, 09:51 AM
Same here; I'm using the 8.73B version just released.

Cheryl Wester
11-20-2009, 10:15 AM
Are you able to record from XM? Is the issue with recording or tuning? Please verify.

edadks
11-20-2009, 10:31 AM
Are you able to record from XM? Is the issue with recording or tuning? Please verify.

I cannot do either. I can't record and I can't tune to an XM station using Replay A/V.

If I go to XM directly in my browser, I have no problem logging into the player, but Replay has stopped working as of last night.

cgiordano
11-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Neither works, but the Sirius XM iPhone app isn't working for me anymore either. It says "Basic Accounts Restricted" even though mine is Premium.

I called XM support and they said they are doing upgrades or maintenance or whatever and the issue should resolve itself shortly. We'll see. The Replay Tuner does display an error page saying that they are under maintenance.

Interestingly, the online listening at XMRO from my main web browser (Seamonkey/Firefox) still works fine, even at the 128K "premium" rate, so I'm not sure why tuning isn't working with Replay - maybe it logs in through a different interface?

finemom
11-20-2009, 01:21 PM
I can't log into xm radio through replay a/v. I can manually go to xm radio, log in and then record by "recording now" but can't schedule anything due to the login problem. I just upgraded today because my older version didn't login either.

tigercat74
11-20-2009, 01:49 PM
I can't record or tune either. I can go to the webpage and login fine.

Tasha Heinlein
11-20-2009, 05:14 PM
We are currently testing a fix for this and will keep you updated. Thank you!

thilt
11-20-2009, 05:18 PM
Same here. Get "error: post-login" message. Nothing seems to have changed on the xm site. I can login and listen fine. I get this message when it tries to record a scheduled show and when I try the "Record now" option. All this is since I installed 8.73 yesterday.

Rwilhi
11-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Same here.. Hope they fix this. This was the only reason I paid so much for the application..

Kurto2021
11-21-2009, 06:08 AM
Well this stinks...looks like they have a fix for the Sirius people but not the XMers

jacob38028
11-21-2009, 09:08 AM
I just bought this program 5 days ago for the purpose of recording XM. Luckily there is a 30 day money back guarentee. Does this program have problems often?

cgiordano
11-21-2009, 09:16 AM
No, hang in there a bit, jacob38028. I've been using it for XM recording for several years now with great success. There are occasional breakages, but they're pretty responsive in getting fixes out to the user community.

Kurto2021
11-21-2009, 10:02 AM
I have been using it since Replay Radio 5 and have never really had any problems. One caveat is that I had always used an XMPCR for recording and now I was using the stream....but either way it stinks that it isn't working now.

Lozlo
11-21-2009, 10:17 AM
Any word on whether a fix is near for us poor XM'ers. I was using 7.3.2 when the problem started. I just upgrded to the latest version,still has the same problem but I'm confident a fix will be in place shortly. Ive been using Replay AV for years and very rarely have a problem. These guys are great at what they do and I'd like to take this oppurtunity to thank them.

Cheryl Wester
11-21-2009, 04:33 PM
We are aware of this issue and the developer is working on it. They changed Sirius last week and now XM this week. We hope to have a fix in the near future. It will be posted on our webiste and I will also let people know in the forum. Thanks for understanding.

bandr65
11-21-2009, 05:40 PM
Cheryl,
That's all well and good, but what about the inability to record live concerts tonight!? Nov 21, 2009?:mad:

jacob38028
11-22-2009, 05:45 AM
Any update on how things are going?

Kurto2021
11-22-2009, 06:40 AM
it took 4 days for the Sirius fix to hit....so we should be getting our update soon.

CharlieSummers
11-22-2009, 07:48 PM
it took 4 days for the Sirius fix to hit....so we should be getting our update soon.

In the meantime, you can get a 7-day free pass to Sirius Online and (since almost all of the channels are duplicated anyway) record anything you need while Applian works on the XM fix.

http://www.sirius.com/freetrial/register

Cheryl Wester
11-23-2009, 10:43 AM
We hope to have the update posted sometime today for XM

Cheryl Wester
11-23-2009, 12:27 PM
It haa been upgraded. Thanks. http://www.applian.com/replay-av/demo.php

edadks
11-23-2009, 12:43 PM
It haa been upgraded. Thanks. http://www.applian.com/replay-av/demo.php

I just tried v8.74. It does not fix the XM problem for me. I cannot record nor can I tune to an xm station.

Ed

Jubjubs
11-23-2009, 12:52 PM
I've also installed the update, and it seems to be capturing now, but the "Tune To Station" option still produces the XM "Under Construction" page. I've cleared my cache and rebooted, but no change.

pal
11-23-2009, 01:18 PM
I too installed just posted version 8.74 and am still unable to connect with XM online.

Cheryl Wester
11-23-2009, 01:25 PM
It is going to record but it is not going to tune due to the changes they have made. If the developer can get this working he'll do so. Thanks.

If you continue to have a problem capturing from XM with the latest version please contact tech support so we can see what is going on. Thanks. We would need a log file for that issue.

pal
11-23-2009, 02:03 PM
Cheryl---
Do you think it would help if I uninstall Replay a/v and did a clean install of 8.47?
PAUL

Lozlo
11-23-2009, 04:18 PM
It is going to record but it is not going to tune due to the changes they have made. If the developer can get this working he'll do so. Thanks.

If you continue to have a problem capturing from XM with the latest version please contact tech support so we can see what is going on. Thanks. We would need a log file for that issue.

So does this mean that scheduled recording is out? I dont understand that it is going to record but wont tune. The whole purpouse for me is to schedule recording. Please advise.

jallot
11-23-2009, 04:21 PM
I too installed just posted version 8.74 and am still unable to connect with XM online.

Same thing here. I installed 8.74 but continue to get 'error: post-login->' when I attempt to record an XM channel. I also get the "We are under maintenance , please visit us later..." when I try to tune to the same channel.

Sandgrain
11-23-2009, 05:49 PM
Hi All. I first attempted to reinstall 8.74 over my existing installation. This did not work and produced the same "post-login -" error.

I then went into the windows control panel and did a complete uninstall of all Applian and other (WinPcap and YouSendIt) software. I also deleted the directories under "C:\Program Files\Replay AV 8", "C:\Program Files\Replay Converter 3", "C:\Program Files\WinPcap" and "C:\Program Files\YouSendIt". The only file that would not delete, at first, was "C:\Program Files\Replay AV 8/audgopher.dll". After rebooting I was able to delete this file as well.

Once everything was removed, a fresh install of 8.74 is now able to record XM. As stated in previous posts by others, the tune to station still fails with the "under maintenance" message.

Hope this helps.

Lozlo
11-23-2009, 07:00 PM
I just did the same thing. I uninstalled 8.74 and all other applian programs and the did a fresh download and install and got the same result. It will capture and record but fails to tune. As long as I can still do scheduled recordings I'm Happy.....

Cheryl Wester
11-23-2009, 07:07 PM
It is not going to be able to tune at this time. If the developer is able to update this he'll do so but for now it will stream capture.

edadks
11-24-2009, 10:28 AM
Ok, doing the complete uninstall, directory deletion and clean re-installation has helped.

I can now record again using the v8.74 update.

Hopefully Applian will get the "Tune To Station" working again too, that's a very convenient feature.

Ed

Cheryl Wester
11-24-2009, 10:33 AM
The developer is awesome and has just now uploaded a version that will also tune to both Sirius and XM while it is recording. You will need to uninstall, reboot, and then do the install and it will work for you.

Replay AV (http://www.applian.com/replay-av/demo.php)

paulk
11-24-2009, 11:15 AM
If I uninstall will I lose all of the information about my scheduled programs?

edadks
11-24-2009, 11:17 AM
The developer is awesome and has just now uploaded a version that will also tune to both Sirius and XM while it is recording. You will need to uninstall, reboot, and then do the install and it will work for you.

That worked great. And the player window that comes up is much better than in the past. Very nice!

Many thanks,

Ed

399M
11-24-2009, 01:17 PM
Just installed 8.75 and it works great for me. Solved both problems as far as I can tell (Recording and Tune to Station).

Tomd
11-24-2009, 08:06 PM
Uninstall then reinstall 8.75 tunes and records. Great job!! Now I need a replacement / fix to the unsupported streamng server uXM (not a Applian product unfortunately) which was also effected by the XM changes.

finemom
11-24-2009, 09:07 PM
I uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version. I removed cookies and temp files to the best of my ability. When I try to record the tuning works fine. However, I cannot stop a recording in progress nor will a scheduled recording stop, it just keeps going and going. In addition, there is actually no recording being made. It's possible I have the settings incorrect, but I've tried many different options and still can't get any recordings.

Jubjubs
11-24-2009, 09:31 PM

Replay AV (http://www.applian.com/replay-av/demo.php)

Worked great here too. Thanks so much for the quick response and easy fix. I've been using Replay AV for a few years now and this is the first major problem I've ever run in to and it was clearly due to changes made by XM/SIRIUS.

As long as service like this is available, you can consider me a loyal customer.

Seeeeya.
Ron and Fez XM202

tigercat74
11-25-2009, 06:18 AM
I uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version. I removed cookies and temp files to the best of my ability. When I try to record the tuning works fine. However, I cannot stop a recording in progress nor will a scheduled recording stop, it just keeps going and going. In addition, there is actually no recording being made. It's possible I have the settings incorrect, but I've tried many different options and still can't get any recordings.

Yeah mine is doing the same thing. Instead of recording, it tunes to the channel.

edadks
11-25-2009, 07:04 AM

I think I'm having the same problem. After installing 8.75, everything seemed ok. But when I came down to my computer this morning, the station I was supposed to be recording was playing and echoing several times so it wasn't understandable.

I also couldn't turn it off and when I checked the directory, there was nothing recorded. Closing Replay A/V did not stop the sound. I had to reboot the machine to stop the sound sound sound.

jallot
11-25-2009, 08:30 AM
In 8.75 the scheduled recording did not record anything. Instead the tuner window was open but was not capturing the output to a file. It seems that the recording behavior has changed since the last version. In the old version, when recording, the tuner window would not appear.

Anyone else seeing this?

BTW, I installed 8.75 as suggested (uninstalled old version first). I even deleted my scheduled program settings and re-added them in the new version.

tonying
11-25-2009, 08:48 AM
Same issues here as well. When scheduled recording starts, player window opens, but no recording takes place. The icon color changes to red like it's recording but status/last recording shows previous recording date and time instead of CAPTURING.

If the scheduled XM online recording is stopped, deleted and re-entered, it will work once but after the recording stops and subsequent recordings start, the problem described above occurs again.

Cheryl Wester
11-25-2009, 08:28 PM
Delete the show from your AV. Now, add the show again and see if that corrects the issue. If it doesn't please contact tech support with this as a log file and further information will be needed.

tigercat74
11-26-2009, 08:36 AM
Delete the show from your AV. Now, add the show again and see if that corrects the issue. If it doesn't please contact tech support with this as a log file and further information will be needed.

Deleted all my shows and it is now working. Thank you.

edadks
11-26-2009, 09:45 AM

This is not working correctly. After updating and adding a new show, it records and tunes to station without any problem the first time you try.

After that, any additional attempts to record result in the station being tuned to with the media player and played but not recorded.

If you set up an auto-record, once it starts it can't be turned off without rebooting the computer.

Log file on the way.

Ed

Cheryl Wester
11-26-2009, 11:19 AM
Make sure you submit this to tech support and not here. Also, let us know you were reading about this in the forum so we don't repeat what you have been told here. Thanks.

finemom
11-26-2009, 12:47 PM
Happy Thanksgiving!
How does one send a log file to tech support?

ismbc
11-26-2009, 10:17 PM
I cannot either. That was the entire point of getting this software. It has not worked for over two weeks now. Not very happy at all. So what is APPLIAN doing for us to fix this?

All I get is the error message : post login. I am using 8.73B version.

Cheryl Wester
11-26-2009, 10:56 PM
When you submit a ticket to tech support at the bottom is a button to browse to what you want to attach. Our latest version is 8.75. If you are not using that uninstall what you have, reboot, and then do the install.

Cheryl Wester
11-26-2009, 10:58 PM
We are aware of the issue with tuning and recording with XM. The developer has been sent the information. When we have an update it will be posted. Thanks.

Sandgrain
11-27-2009, 07:27 AM
Is there a way to download 8.74?

It could not "Tune to Station" but at least it would record. I'd rather uninstall 8.75 and install 8.74 and be able to record my shows while we all wait for a fix.

Cheryl Wester
11-27-2009, 09:21 PM
We are testing a new version now that does tune and record correctly. We hope to have it up and ready by the end of the weekend. Thanks.

dskrentz
11-28-2009, 08:46 AM
After upgrading to 8.75 I am still unable to log in to XM radio. Same message appears - "error post log-in". I can log in directly to XM through my browser. Any suggestions? I'm using Win XP and IE 8 with all patches installed.

Cheryl Wester
11-28-2009, 11:35 AM
Did you uninstall and reboot prior to installing the latest version? If not do that for me. If you have done that please send a ticket to tech support as we will need additional information from you.

hrosen50
11-30-2009, 04:44 AM
What is the status of this fix? I've installed 8.75 to no avail. Thx.

hrosen50
11-30-2009, 05:22 AM
Retrack my last post. I read a previous one so I went back and uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, and all is well. Thx.

dskrentz
11-30-2009, 09:25 AM
Thanks -- It works after I do a complete uninstall on the old versions. Windows uninstaller does not do a complete job of uninstalling and I needed to complete the uninstall process with jv16 powertools uninstaller, plus do a registry clean. however, after doing that and rebooting, the new versions installed just fine and is working. Both the XM scheduler and "tune to station" work as they should.

CharlieSummers
11-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Please keep us posted on the fix...I'm hanging on to 8.73 with a demo account to Sirius until the XM situation is fixed. (I have a boatload of scheduled sessions, so recreating all of them is something I would really rather not perform...)

dskrentz
11-30-2009, 04:12 PM
even after doing a full uninstall and reinstall plus a registry clean, i did not have to re-enter my scheduled items. All scheduled items were there when 8.75 popped up.

finemom
12-01-2009, 07:46 AM
My problem was solved by me switching to record 'streaming ' instead of "whatuhear" thanks tech support for your speedy response.

DADEO
12-01-2009, 09:19 AM
Before the latest update I would simply right click on my programmed Sirius channel and choose "tune to station" and the Sirius tuner page would come up. I could then click on whatever I wanted to listen to, change the channel if I wanted to. Now with the update, when I click on "tune to station" I get the Replay tuner playing the station, that's it, no more Sirius tuner page, no more changing channels if I want. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, I don't know. I've gone back to the previous version. I liked having the Sirius tuner page come up and being able to change channels when I want. If something was coming on I wanted to record I could quickly go to the record from speakers option. Am I missing something here? Did anyone else do what I did? I know I could go directly through Sirius, but I'm used to going through Replay. With the new updates, when I "tune to station" will I get the Sirius tuner page with lots of channels to choose from if wanted or just the Replay tuner playing the station I have programmed in?

Cheryl Wester
12-02-2009, 06:55 AM
With all of the changes that Sirius made we had to make the changes in the way our program tuned. Thanks.

DADEO
12-02-2009, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the reply. Is this how it will stay or any chance of getting the Sirius page back?

Cheryl Wester
12-02-2009, 07:30 PM
At this time this is how it is going to be. Thanks.

mmaalum97
12-03-2009, 04:29 PM
I did a full uninstall and reinstalled with the latest version of Replay A/V. I am no longer getting the login error but it is stuck on "Connecting" and never starts recording. Any thoughts?

mfm
12-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Hopefully this is fixed... I want to order.

edadks
12-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Hopefully this is fixed... I want to order.

I'm using v8.76 to tune in and record xm, and it's working fine.

DADEO
12-10-2009, 04:31 PM
edadks, your using v8.76, when you tune in to XM, do you get a XM page you can change channels with or just the Replay tuner playing your channel?

edadks
12-10-2009, 05:10 PM
edadks, your using v8.76, when you tune in to XM, do you get a XM page you can change channels with or just the Replay tuner playing your channel?

I don't get the xm tuner anymore, now I get a generic window while the channel plays and I cannot change channels. I just set up multiple entries in the Replay window, one for each each station I regularly tune to.

CharlieSummers
12-12-2009, 09:08 PM

I don't understand the problem...if you want to listen live while changing channels, use XM's web-based player. If you want to record unattended, use Replay AV.

DADEO
12-13-2009, 10:04 AM
I don't understand the problem...if you want to listen live while changing channels, use XM's web-based player. If you want to record unattended, use Replay AV.

Your way will surely work, but I bounce around channels and record while listening from the speakers. One minute here, one minute there, I'm all over the place. It's so easy with Replay and Sirius all in one place.

CharlieSummers
12-13-2009, 05:24 PM
Your way will surely work, but I bounce around channels and record while listening from the speakers. One minute here, one minute there, I'm all over the place. It's so easy with Replay and Sirius all in one place.

Well, they have made it clear with the changes made by SiriusXM that simply won't work any more, so expecting it is useless. The major advantage to Replay AV is being able to stream-record Sirius or XM without decompressing/recompressing (that is, the data is written to the drive as-is), but you can't do that and what you want to do - so just switch Replay AV to "Capture by Recording Audio Output (Speakers, Mic, Line IN)" and then use XM or Sirius' web player to bounce around all you want, editing the file later for the pieces you want to retain.

But then, Applian never claimed you could do what you describe, only that you could stream-record from XM and Sirius, and you can do that.

(NB: I bought the Capture Suite, but haven't installed most of it yet so I am hardly an expert in the operation of all of the applications. Check with Applian CS to find the app best-suited to record to hard drive anything that is headed toward your speakers, in case there's something better than Replay AV in capture output mode.)

DADEO
12-14-2009, 07:09 AM
I've stayed with/went back to v8.72 and everything works just fine.