PDA

View Full Version : Is Freecorder compatible with the latest browser versions?

satellite1
11-05-2009, 01:47 PM
Run freecorder appr. 7 month, everything OK. Now I have the following problems:

1/ PC with actual Firefox and Windows XP

Record Frame don`t open, no record start

2/ PC with actual Firefox and Windows Vista

Record Frame open, record running,and when I close the
file frame the record frame also runs down and never
open again.

What`s wrong ???

satellite1
11-05-2009, 01:58 PM
On the XP pc I installed now ATB set up 7.0.5.1 ....

installation finished, but no Tool Bar in my Firefox Browser.....:confused:

Seems the free recording versions don`t longer work with new Firefox :mad:

Tasha Heinlein
12-19-2009, 10:11 PM
Freecorder 4 (http://www.applian.com/freecorder4/download.php) is compatible with the latest browser versions.

wmbill
12-19-2009, 11:31 PM
Not anymore Tasha!

Tasha Heinlein
12-20-2009, 06:37 AM
You are the only one that has reported any issues with the audio recorder not working - and if I remember correctly you believe that it had to do with a Windows update - NOT your browser. Freecorder 4 is compatible with the latest browser version.

wmbill
12-20-2009, 03:19 PM
Well, since Inernet Explorer is subject to Windows updates, once you update Windows the Internet Explorer Browser becomes effectively incompatible with Freecorder. I see that Firefox has also added an update that causes it to become incompatible as well.
Like I said in another post, I think the entertainment industry powers that be are trying to put Freecorder out of business. Too bad, it's a very convenient way to record, and the only way on a lot of computers without stereo mix. Hope you can fix it cause I realy want to buy a Sony computer which is one of the ones that no longer allow recording through stereo mix.
By the way, I tried installing Freecorder on a brand new Windows 7 Sony Laptop a friend of mine just bought. It installed ok, and worked ok as well, but when I rebooted it the Freecorder was gone from the toolbar. It was still showing in the add/remove programs utility, but it was gone from the toolbar. I reinstalled it and the same thing occured. Hmmmm.......
Oh well...... Goodluck

ricker
01-02-2010, 07:54 AM
I just recently installed Freecorder 4 on Vista 64-bit using current version of Firefox. Freecorder 4 works like a dream. I was a bit skeptical because I typically like to get new "free" stuff as tested by CNET.

Freecorder 4 is a great tool!

Thanks.

CEM
01-09-2010, 10:49 PM
FF just went to 3.6 RC1. Upon upgrading, a box says:
"Freecorder 2.5.2.14 won't work. Will be disabled until they are made compatible."

Any idea when?

Thanks

Have been pushing you folks like crazy as you deserve it.

carlobee
01-10-2010, 08:22 PM
I might need that too. :) FF is already checking for updates.

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

b.thiry
01-26-2010, 03:03 AM
You are the only one that has reported any issues with the audio recorder not working - and if I remember correctly you believe that it had to do with a Windows update - NOT your browser. Freecorder 4 is compatible with the latest browser version.
I am sure freecorder toolbar is not compatible with firefox latest browser version 3.6 What can we do ? We lok for a patch quickly or an update of freecorder toolbar
Thanks by advance

idk-justsayin
01-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Well, since Inernet Explorer is subject to Windows updates, once you update Windows the Internet Explorer Browser becomes effectively incompatible with Freecorder. I see that Firefox has also added an update that causes it to become incompatible as well.
Like I said in another post, I think the entertainment industry powers that be are trying to put Freecorder out of business. Too bad, it's a very convenient way to record, and the only way on a lot of computers without stereo mix. Hope you can fix it cause I realy want to buy a Sony computer which is one of the ones that no longer allow recording through stereo mix.
By the way, I tried installing Freecorder on a brand new Windows 7 Sony Laptop a friend of mine just bought. It installed ok, and worked ok as well, but when I rebooted it the Freecorder was gone from the toolbar. It was still showing in the add/remove programs utility, but it was gone from the toolbar. I reinstalled it and the same thing occured. Hmmmm.......
Oh well...... Goodluck

Freecorder is compatible with Firefox 5.0 ( http://www.oldapps.com/firefox.php )