PDA

View Full Version : can't record from sound card with Replay AV in Windows 7: Missing Driver

sethm1
10-31-2009, 04:17 PM
Replay a/v 8.6
Windows 7 64 bit:

No success in recording today- first time using A/V since upgrading to Win 7.

I went to File/Settings/Sound Mixer and only one sound card driver listed - I seem to recall in Vista I had a 2nd choice - the Replay A/V Driver.
I dont see a link on the download page of applian for such a driver.

I check the systems device mgr - no problems listed.
Oh and my sound card drivers are up todate.

Any suggestions?

stream-recorder.com
10-31-2009, 11:38 PM
Although I can record sound in my Windows XP, the new settings are a little bit confusing for me. When I go to the File -> Settings and see the Sound Mixer settings, I don't see any Applian drivers. I can only notice a message on the bottom that "Enhanced sound card driver (http://www.applian.com/replay-radio/enhanced_sound_card_driver_60.php) not installed". When I hit the "Test alternate recording methods" button, I get a message that "Stereo mixer" is my default recording method for scheduled tasks.

Then I add a new show and set it up:
Go to Shows -> Add Show Manually. On the Recording tab select "Capture by recording audio output". The "Stereo mixer" is not my default recording option, but I can select it or "Replay AV audio driver" as an audio recording method.

What kind of recording method do you use? If you use "Replay AV audio driver", do you start Replay AV before an application you want to record from?

p.s. The confusing things for me are:
1. In the Settings there are only Stereo Mixer option, while Stereo Mixer is not the only source of recording.
2. After clicking onto "Test alternate recording methods" button a message showed that the "Stereo mixer" is my default recording method for scheduled tasks. What I don't understand is what kind of scheduled tasks are meant and how to make Replay AV audio driver the default method.

sethm1
11-01-2009, 12:47 PM
As I stated I dont see the "Replay AV audio driver" as on option.
And I think that is the problem.

Cheryl Wester
11-02-2009, 10:38 AM
That is in the program and not in your sound drivers under the control panel. If you don't see it then please do a reinstall of the program as it did not install correctly.

sethm1
11-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Thats just it- I did a reinstall of A/V twice before posting!
As I thought the same thing.

I have the latest version, would installing an older version of 8 be better?
Though I only saved a copy of version 7...

GilbertH
11-02-2009, 12:04 PM
I have the same problem as sethm1.

Cheryl Wester
11-02-2009, 07:14 PM
This is not something I'm able to duplicate. Please go to the recording tab when you have Record-Record Audio from Speakers checked. Make a screen shot of the recording tab showing what you do have show up for recording. Send this and a ticket to tech support for us. Thanks.

meakija
11-03-2009, 12:58 AM
I'm in the same boat to the other members with this problem, I've just upgraded from XP to Windows 7 and done a clean reinstall of Replay AV 8 (and Replay Converter, and RealPlayer, and everything else on my system for that matter). Here's what I've noticed happens for me.

1) Recording from sound card / "speakers" does actually look as though it's doing something (ie. the recording timer counts up), but the equaliser window isn't picking up any sound (although there's definitely sound coming through the speakers).
If you stop the recording and say that you want to save it, there's nothing saved as Replay AV has detected no sound.

2) Scheduled recording does work and does pick up sound, however I then set up my recordings to convert to MP3 which doesn't seem to be working. I do have a RealAudio .RM file which has recorded the sound. However when Replay AV tries to do the convert to MP3 I get an application failed message.

3) I've also tried to use Replay Converter to take the .RM file from point 2 above and convert to MP3. Although Converter looks like it's worked, the produced MP3 file has no sound in it.

All in all a bit of a puzzle, and I hope you can help, I use Replay AV all the time and I'm a bit lost without it.

morris.brads
11-27-2009, 10:57 PM
I'm having the same problem with Windows 7. I upgraded to the Replay Suite V8 when I moved to Win 7 and havent been able to record a a thing yet. I havent used the video recording yet, still trying to get the audio (radio Station) going.
Please Help!!

Cheryl Wester
11-28-2009, 11:38 AM
For a real player file see if you are able to use Real Alternative instead of Real Player. Then try the conversion to mp3.

If you are using the audio capture and not stream capture see how it works if you turn off the User Account control. You do need to use the Replay Av Audio Driver when doing an audio recording.

If you continue to have an issue please send a ticket to tech support. Let us know what you have done and tried and be sure and send a log file. Thanks.

RJBrem
12-21-2009, 09:22 PM
I've got the same problem at meakija. I can't record audio using any options. I was having the same problems with Vista 64 bit a few weeks ago and I hoped that my problems would go away after upgrading to Windows 7 Ultimate; but, no luck. Same problems. Help. I did a clean install from my CD and I then downloaded the upgrades from Applian.com.

Cheryl Wester
12-22-2009, 12:04 PM
Have you tried it with your User Account Control turned off? If not give that a try. If you still have an issue please contact tech support.

Kochanski
12-26-2009, 07:25 AM
Having upgraded to WINDOWS 7 I've had to turn off the UAC to record from the sound card. It's the only way I can record, but I still can't get AV 8 to recognise URLs to stream. Are we stuck with all this rebooting to turn UAC on and off? Or are Applian working on a better solution for WIN7 users? Even my log files still say Vista and it is no longer Vista. Things that used to be easy are now more difficult.

Cheryl Wester
12-26-2009, 09:40 AM
Windows 7 has made it difficult to record audio capture. I personally have the UAC turned off all of the time and have since Vista came out.

I don't know what version of AV you are using but our latest does have a newer version of WinPCap in it. This is what is needed to find most network adapters so the URL finder will work.

Also, with the latest version the UAC is able to be left on-but not for audio recording-works with stream recording.

MBrice
05-14-2011, 07:44 AM
I can't record with Replay AV 8 either, and I do see the Replay AV Driver in the "Audio Recording Method" window. Sounds to me like Replay AV 8 has a problem with Windows 7.

Cheryl Wester
05-14-2011, 09:26 AM
What are you trying to record MBrice? Are you getting an error message? Are you adding something from the Media Guide? The more information you supply the easier it is for people to assist you.

trevorhackett
09-13-2011, 01:13 PM
Same problem for me - win 7, uac disabled, latest clean install of 'replay AV'. It mysteriously solved itself!

'record' / 'record audio from speakers' menu option / recording tab / 'test methods' generates a noise and then shows a dialogue box stating 'no sound was detected on any available Audio Recording Method for this sound card: Microphone (Realtek High Defini.'

Second test yields the dialogue box 'Use one of these Audio Recording Methods (mono only): Master Volume'

Then successfully recorded from speaker output. Go figure....

Trevor.

Cheryl Wester
09-13-2011, 06:12 PM
What are you using for your browser? If this continues submit a ticket to tech support as we need details and a log file. In the settings of the program you use Replay AV Audio Driver.

Codogan
09-21-2011, 04:48 AM
Hello. How do you turn the user account control off?

Cheryl Wester
09-21-2011, 09:11 PM
For Windows 7 go to the Control Panel and select user Accounts-select user accounts again-now select change user account settings

myersph
11-26-2011, 03:39 AM
I seem to be experiencing same problem. Tried all the above. UAC is at the lowest poiont on the slider. Is there any difference between Win7 32bit and 64bit? I am on 64.

Cheryl Wester
11-26-2011, 01:10 PM
What browser are you using for your DEFAULT. Try it with Firefox and see if that works for you.

myersph
11-26-2011, 01:22 PM
I always use Firefox as default. I did manage to record something but only on Replay Media Catcher, Audio Recorder facility. It never works with A/V.

jeray32
01-22-2012, 10:07 AM
I'm have the same problem here as trevorhackett (Win 7, UAC off). Followed all previously-mentioned steps. Replay Audio Driver doesnt capture sound; when select "Master Volume" will capture in "record audio from speakers" (in stereo, not mono) but levels have to be set really low (5 out of 100) on "Stereo Mix" recording option for my soundcard to avoid overloading. Has this been addressed? Thanks

Same problem for me - win 7, uac disabled, latest clean install of 'replay AV'. It mysteriously solved itself!

'record' / 'record audio from speakers' menu option / recording tab / 'test methods' generates a noise and then shows a dialogue box stating 'no sound was detected on any available Audio Recording Method for this sound card: Microphone (Realtek High Defini.'

Second test yields the dialogue box 'Use one of these Audio Recording Methods (mono only): Master Volume'

Then successfully recorded from speaker output. Go figure....

Trevor.

Cheryl Wester
01-22-2012, 10:35 AM
Pleale submit a ticket to tech support if you continue to have an issue. We would need to know what browser, what link, what version of windows, and have a log file.

garyla
01-22-2012, 12:44 PM
I'm on Replay Music 4.40B and can only use the "Windows Audio Driver" to record on a Lenovo x61 on Windows 7. After recording the audio is unusable. The sound is distorted. Is there a fix for this planned? It seems that all applian products have issues with Windows 7 from these forum messages.

jeray32
01-24-2012, 05:49 PM
OK - I submitted a trouble ticket on this and Cheryl responded and asked me to use Internet Explorer and tried to record from speaker again, using Replay driver - it worked!! I had been using Google Chrome, which worked in Win XP, but apparently doesn't in Win 7. Anyway, when I switched to Internet Explorer (I'm using 9.08) it worked just like it did in XP. So maybe it's a problem with Chrome, not Win 7? Anyway, thanks to Cheryl in Support for the suggestion......