PDA

View Full Version : Icon problem in Windows 7

cgiordano
10-28-2009, 09:23 PM
I'm using Replay AV 8.61 on Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit).

It seems to work OK so far, but there is no icon for the Replay AV 8 executable. When I try to change/set the icon in a shortcut to the executable (Properties -> Change Icon...), I get an error dialog saying "Windows can't find the file %ProgramFiles%\Replay AV 8\ReplayAV.exe."

When I try to (re)set the icon to point to the executable, I get "The file C:\Program Files (x86)\Replay AV 8\ReplayAV.exe contains no icons."

It was fine using this same version of Replay AV 8 in Vista 64 prior to the upgrade (I had to reinstall all applications following upgrade; it was actually a clean O/S install). All other Replay Capture Suite Applications are fine and do not exhibit this same issue.

Like I said, it works OK, but I love the little red icon in my toolbar when Replay AV is minimized and recording is active, it is such a handy quick indicator!

Cheryl Wester
10-29-2009, 06:24 AM
Do you have the User Account Control turned on or off? The program will not start automatically if the UAC is turned on. Thanks.

cgiordano
10-30-2009, 12:06 AM
Yes, it's on. But even with it still on, the icon magically started appearing today. Haven't figured out why yet....<sigh>. Thanks!

By the way, I couldn't find links on the web site for technical issues support, the sticky in this forum notwithstanding. Did it get moved or deleted?

stream-recorder.com
10-30-2009, 03:01 AM
I couldn't find links on the web site for technical issues support?

http://www.applian.com/support.php
http://www.applian.com/support-products.php

Pathfinder
11-12-2009, 10:11 PM
I am having the same issue no icons in the start menu or desktop for replay AV, replay converter, or replay director. When I try to fix I am told the EXE files do not contain icons and in fact none of the EXE files have their icons. Icons were there on install but gone after reboot.

Where are the icon files stored?

Can you post icon ico files?

Programs work great just no icons in windows 7 pro

Have screen shots...but couldn't figure out how to post them here

Thanks

Cheryl Wester
11-15-2009, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the information. This will be passed on to the developer.

MBrice
11-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Same here--program works fine, but no icons. In fact I went through all the DLLs in the program folder, one by one, couldn't find the icon image anywhere.

Cheryl Wester
11-14-2010, 04:30 PM
Right mouse click your desktop
Select personalize
Select Display
Change it to the middle
Log off
Log on
Change it back to the small

This happens in some cases with Windows 7 and not just with our programs.