PDA

View Full Version : RVC stopped capturing video (black screen problem)

grounded grid
10-21-2009, 08:06 PM
After working great for over a year, RVC won't capture the video of a stream. If I bring something else into the field of capture, it will get that.

It's an XP machine with enough muscle. I take a small video footprint (which others have said helps)

I've tried different settings. I've tried converting to other format to see if the video would come out, but its the same black screen.

If there's counsel on this out there, I'd be very grateful. The audio is there fine

Cheryl Wester
10-23-2009, 08:46 AM
Please see if it works using a different media player. Also, watch your hardware acceleration.

grounded grid
11-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Please see if it works using a different media player. Also, watch your hardware acceleration.

Yup, when I turned off hardware acceleration, it now records video again.

Thanks.

I don't remember turning hardware acc. on. Darn that Windows OS.

Dean
12-26-2009, 10:10 AM
Black Screen.

I'm new to RVC and have not been able to record streaming video from a web site. I've read read the manual, viewed the training videos, and followed the posts/threads. I have a powerful computer, run Windows XP, turned off video acceleration within the SETTINGS of RVC, disabled hardware acceleration within DISPLAY SETTINGS, changed formats from MPEG-2 to Windows Media 9 and back again.

Audio is fine. The playback screen is black. Is the problem in the recording, or in the playback? If I record to a DVD and play back in a different machine would it make any difference?

I know this problem has been discussed for years, but I don't see a solution. Just disabling hardware acceleration didn't work for me.

Cheryl Wester
12-26-2009, 05:09 PM
Try and use a different player and see if that corrects the issue.