PDA

View Full Version : capture udp stream

vfguy
09-25-2009, 10:30 AM
pre-sale contact was non-existent, so I'm trying here. Is it possible to capture a/v from a source such as udp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:51010 ??? If not, can anyone recommend another product?

Thanks.

Cheryl Wester
09-25-2009, 09:15 PM
We pride ourselves on our customer service. When did you conact us? Do you have a ticket number? If so let us know. I'm not familiar with that format so perhaps somone else can give you the info you need. You are also able to try a demo of the program to see if it meets your needs.

stream-recorder.com
09-25-2009, 09:50 PM
Where do you try to record from? Hardware?

vfguy
09-26-2009, 10:19 AM
We pride ourselves on our customer service. When did you conact us? Do you have a ticket number? If so let us know. I'm not familiar with that format so perhaps somone else can give you the info you need. You are also able to try a demo of the program to see if it meets your needs.

I submitted a request on Wednesday or Thursday via your online form. No ticket number. I tried the demo before contacting you, but could not get it to work. Maybe it needs attention from a tech support person. Thanks for the reply.

vfguy
09-26-2009, 10:23 AM
Where do you try to record from? Hardware?

No hardware. It's a UDP stream from a video server. We convert tv signal from the cable company that comes in via coax, and it is broadcast via UDP. We can use VLC player to play the stream, but one teacher would like to record the nightly news for a current events class to play the next day.

Replay A/V seems to be able to schedule recordings, but I want somethign that can record the stream itself, rather than leaving VLC player (or some other player) running all night and recording what that application receives.

stream-recorder.com
09-27-2009, 03:17 AM
Hmmmm.... That's a tough case for me. What kind of stream is that? MPEG-2, MPEG-4, Windows Media? Can you play it with Windows Media Player?

You can try to dump the stream with VLC. The program supports command line, so it is possible to schedule it as well. You can also try to re-broadcast the stream with VLC using the format and protocol that Replay AV supports, and then just record the stream with Replay AV.

vfguy
09-30-2009, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the thoughts.

Answers to your questions- mpeg2 video that can not be streamed with WMP due to the protocol. That's why we're using VLC.

Trying to re-encode the stream in any of the ways you suggest have been considered, but ruled out because it's complicated/cumbersome/resource intensive.

Cheryl Wester
10-01-2009, 09:01 AM
Please submit a support ticket with a link to what you are trying to do. We will give it a try-I'm not sure. If you didn't get a ticket numbet the last time the ticket was not completed and didn't go through as you receive a ticket number immediately.