PDA

View Full Version : Standalone Version of Convertor doesn't work

oldiesfan
08-30-2009, 06:00 PM
Within Replay the convertor works fine, with the exception that it doesn't convert flv files to MP3. But the standalone version doesn't work at all. I load files in it and hit the start button and appears to start converting but in a few seconds it announces that "0 of 3 files converted."

Has anybody else had this trouble?

Jeff Lenney
08-30-2009, 09:57 PM
What version of Replay Converter are you currently using?

Thanks. :)

oldiesfan
08-31-2009, 10:55 PM
I don't know how to tell. It came bundled with my Replay program which is 8.41.

creakydoor
09-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Click on the icon in the top left corner of the main screen, and it will show you the version. For example, mine says 3.38.

Cheryl Wester
09-07-2009, 06:20 PM
You are using an older version of the program. There have been a lot of changes in streaming and new codecs and formats out in the last couple of years. You are probably going to want to update to use the latest version, 3.40. Thanks.

oldiesfan
09-13-2009, 08:32 PM
The update to Version 3.40 costs $9.95. How do I get my version (2.80) to work? It doesn't work at all. I shouldn't have to pay to get it to work.

Cheryl Wester
09-14-2009, 08:10 PM
Your version is over 2 years old. In the past two years there have been a lot of new formats and codecs used. It is possible that what you are trying to convert is using the newer technology so you would need to update. If you want to verify this please submit a tech support ticket and include the converter log file so we can take a look at it.

oldiesfan
09-22-2009, 10:35 PM
Paying for an upgrade isn't always the solution. I took your advice and did so and am no further than I was before, except for spending more money. Here's the problem:

Replay AV Version 8.41 converts from many audio file formats, including Windows ASF files and flv audio files. I record a number of programs simultaneously and continuously throughout every weekend.

I've found better success by leaving the files as recorded until I finish recording. I then try to convert them through the standalone convertor because it's easier to add the files. But it will not convert from ASF or flv files, even though within Replay it does.

Since many of the audio streams are recorded in one of these two formats and have been for at least a year and a half, the standalone version of the convertor is outdated, including the most recent release.

Please fix this and make the fix available to those who have current versions.

Thanks,

Tony

Cheryl Wester
09-23-2009, 11:41 AM
Please submit a tech support ticket for this issue. We would need to see the log file and have more info than you can supply in the forum.

oldiesfan
09-23-2009, 12:12 PM
This doesn't need a log file to fix. The problem is the file types that it does not convert from. If you check the supported audio file types that Replay Converter converts from you will see that it does not include ASF or flv files. The supported types are MP3, WAV, AAC [M4A], iPod/iPhone AUdiobook [M4B/AAC], OGG, WMA, FLAC and Real Audio [RA].

Yet, the converter within Replay AV does convert both ASF and flv files.

Being able to convert these files in the standalone converter would be especially useful since you can easily add the files. I would be content to do the conversions in Replay AV except that if you have a large number of files [like I do] scrolling through the list is extremely difficult because it blanks out and starts over frequently. As a workaround I change the directory in Replay to a folder where I have put only the files I wish to convert. When finished I change the directory back to where it was beforehand.

There are free programs that are able to do conversions from and to many more file types than Replay Converter can. One that I found even converts DVD audio to MP3. But I prefer the ease and convenience of the Applian products. That's why I buy them. And that's why I'd like to see them fix the problems.

carlobee
09-23-2009, 07:14 PM
very well said oldiesfan. i also prefer the ease, convenience and quality of Applian products that's why i prefer them over those that are distributed free on the internet.

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

stream-recorder.com
09-23-2009, 10:48 PM
This doesn't need a log file to fix. The problem is the file types that it does not convert from. If you check the supported audio file types that Replay Converter converts from you will see that it does not include ASF or flv files. The supported types are MP3, WAV, AAC [M4A], iPod/iPhone AUdiobook [M4B/AAC], OGG, WMA, FLAC and Real Audio [RA].
Replay Converter can convert FLV and ASF files. And it can convert to FLV and WMV files.

If you have problems converting such files, I suggest you to provide a log file to the support, upload sample files that you can't convert or mention web-sites you record these files from.

oldiesfan
09-24-2009, 07:40 AM
Applian's documentation doesn't include FLV [Audio] as a supported file to convert audio from. It does for video. And it doesn't include ASF audio as a supported file to convert audio from.

Look here:

http://applian.com/replay-converter/

and here:

http://applian.com/flv-converter/

Have you converted FLV audio or ASF audio with the standalone version? It doesn't work for me. I have no trouble converting WAV, MP3 or WMA files. And, I can convert FLV audio and ASF audio files within Replay AV - the same exact files I cannot convert in the standalone version.

Cheryl Wester
09-24-2009, 05:23 PM
We have updated the program just today. Go ahead and update both your Converter and AV. Just download the AV program as it has both in it. Thanks.

stream-recorder.com
09-24-2009, 10:10 PM
I will try to convert FLV audio only files.

As for ASF files:

The only difference between ASF files and WMV or WMA files are the file extensions and the MIME types. The MIME type for a WMV file is video/x-ms-wmv, and for WMA it is audio/x-ms-wma. The MIME type for ASF is video/x-ms-asf. The basic internal structure of the files is identical.
so although it is not mentioned explicitly, ASF files are supported by Replay Converter.

stream-recorder.com
09-25-2009, 12:45 AM
Just downloaded audio only FLV file from KFI with Replay Media Catcher 3.11 and converted it to MP3 with Replay Converter 3.50. Please upload files you can't convert to a file sharing web-site like drop.io so that we can try to convert them.