PDA

View Full Version : Product comparison/confusion: what's the difference between Freecorder, Freecorder Toolbar and Ask & Record toolbar?

RETechGuy
08-01-2009, 11:39 AM
I have previously purchased the Replay Capture Suite. There are several other products listed on your site but I'm not quite sure if I need them in addition to the Suite.

Also, what's the difference between Freecorder, Freecorder Toolbar and Ask & Record toolbar. It seems there is overlap - do I need all or does one exclude need for the others?

Thanks.

Cheryl Wester
08-01-2009, 02:20 PM
Freecorder is an older desktop program. It does not work with Vista and we are not planning to update it. Some people like to use it as it does work with Skype. The two toolbars are free for you to use. Freecorder records Audio and the Ask and Record Toolbar captures both audio and video. There is some overlap with the programs so it is entirely up to you.

RETechGuy
08-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Do features in the Replay Capture Suite offer the Freecorder programs do? (i.e., since I have the Suite to I need them or already have their functionality?)

Cheryl Wester
08-03-2009, 04:13 PM
It depends on what Freecorder you are referring to. We have the older desktop Freecorder that does capture from Skype-other than that all programs should cover what the toolbar and the desktop version of Freecorder do. The desktop does not work with Vista in the majority of cases.