PDA

View Full Version : Moving AV to new machine - copy shows?

cdixon1
06-23-2009, 05:50 PM
I'm moving Replay AV 8 to a new machine. I have a bunch of shows entered and don't want to have to reenter all of them. Is there a way to copy/export all my shows and import them into a fresh install?
I used the Vista transfer wizard which copied all my other settings but not Replay AV.
I also tried to find a file in the AV directory that might be holding the show settings but failed to identify the right one.
Any advice? If not, Replay team please add an export/import function. This happens every year or so due to head crashes etc. It's a royal pain.

Cheryl Wester
06-24-2009, 04:00 PM
In Program Files/Replay AV there is a file called schedule8.dat. That is what you want to use to copy your schedule over. Thanks.

cdixon1
06-24-2009, 06:01 PM
I tried putting the file in the ReplayAV directory in both the c:\Program Files\Replay AV 8 directory and in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Replay AV 8 directory. Neither worked (I closed Replay AV 8 before copying the file in there.) When I restarted it none of my programs were listed.
BTW The machine I'm moving to is running 64 bit Vista. Hence the (x86) listing in the directory.

Cheryl Wester
06-24-2009, 07:46 PM
If it didn't work it could be that the file became corrupt. I have moved mine numerous tmes without an issue so I'm not sure what happened with yours. did you install the program fresh with your new system? If not give that a try and then see if it will transfer for you.