PDA

View Full Version : questions about media catcher

rytis
03-23-2009, 04:16 PM
I downloaded the media catcher today and getting ready to order it, but a couple of things I noticed:
1. the hi end stuff like cymbals/hi hats seem to have metalic sound once converted and
2. the size of converted files is much larger then non converted (I convert to WMV same quality)
I read something about 75%, not sure if it is limmitation on the trial version, but want to make sure what's going on before I buy, and if that's not the case, what are the limmitations on trial version...?

sfan
03-24-2009, 09:23 AM
2. the size of converted files is much larger then non converted (I convert to WMV same quality)

I convert flv to wmv clips and the wmv file size is always larger than the flv one. I don't know why it does this (bit rate?) but I don't mind it. It's good.

rytis
03-24-2009, 04:51 PM
thanx. another question:
I need to do this video downloading from 3-6AM when I'm asleep due to unlimitted satelite internet access at that time. they suggested to use download manager, but it' not just the files that I need to download, I wonder if there is a way so I can schedule to do it for the set time so it would not waste my bandwidth right away?

sfan
03-24-2009, 07:06 PM
Sorry. I'm afraid I don't know how to setup a scheduled download. You can schedule a download with Free Download Manager (http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/) but like I said, I don't know how to do that.

I don't know/think that Windows can launch RMC to record the program you want at the set time.