PDA

View Full Version : Sirius Streaming Issue

cedhernandez
03-01-2009, 03:09 PM
Anyone else out there have a problem with Sirius only recording 1 minute 30 seconds of a direct stream recording?
I've had Replay for over 2 months now and it was working perfectly until last week.
While recording it appears to be working for the entire preset recording length, but when I check the converted mp3 file there is only 90 seconds of recorded material.
I have the latest update of Replay as well.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Cheryl Wester
03-02-2009, 07:10 AM
Please see if the recording is working without converting. That way you will narrow down where the problem is.

cedhernandez
03-02-2009, 10:38 AM
Strange......
After 4 consecutive converted recordings of only the 90 seconds, my scheduled 6 hour recording today worked fine.
Thought it might be a Sirius time-out issue, just glad it's working again.
I'll try not converting if it happens in the future.
Thank you.

celinamike
03-02-2009, 09:38 PM
Cheryl,

It appears that your software has a big issue recording certain satellite radio stations and has had this issue for quite some time.

I have purchased your entire software suite and have been reduced to having to record Sirius/XM through download streams. As recently as three months ago, I could have my streams recorded through the pop-up window where I could listen when I wanted as it was recording.

Three months ago, this functionality stopped working, as has been noted in numerous forum posts.

I don't understand why there have been no updates to the software to fix this issue.

I have several questions for you and the staff:

Is this your development teams only job? Yes or No?

If this is not your developments only job, can I get the source code? If so, I can probably ship it to Bangalore India and have this issue fixed in a week or less.

Why can't you address this issue?

What did my "upgrade fee" in December 2008 get me?

When can I/We expect the previous behavior of the software to resume?

I am not trying to be rude, but your previous answers have been less than satisfactory. I am forced to post on the forums to get a true response and let others know that there is a severe performance issue with your software.

Thanks.
Edit/Delete Message

Cheryl Wester
03-03-2009, 10:30 AM
I have answered this in a different post. Thanks

celinamike
03-06-2009, 05:55 AM
Can you please identify the post where you answered ALL of the questions?

It is going on 3 months with this functionality being non-functional and you have still not addressed all of my questions.

Thanks.

Cheryl Wester
03-06-2009, 10:39 AM
https://forum.applian.com/showthread.php?t=226&page=2

celinamike
03-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Cheryl,

I happen to work for a huge software company.

Let me explain to you how upgrades and fees work in the real world.

A customer (me) pays you (the software company) an upgrade fee to get enhanced functionality of the current software.

What the customer (me) does not pay for is the FAILURE TO MAINTAIN CURRENT SOFTWARE CAPABILITIES.

What you have done is assessed an upgrade fee, collected it, and not maintained the original functionality of you software. As it stands now, your software is pretty much useless except for downloading streams.

You tend to brush this under the rug by saying that most customers only want this functionality.

Since you don't want to address this issue, can I get my money back?

I believe you had a 30 or 90 day money back offer and you were notified of these issues way before that window closed.

As a customer who bought the whole suite of your products, I feel ripped off as you don't really seem to care how the product is used or maintained.

If you developers need a use case as to why we should be able to listen and record here is one: People travel for their jobs and like to record something WHILE LISTENING TO IT in a conference room, hotel room, etc.

Since you have not been able to address these issues, can you send me an email with a higher level employee who can help get this fixed or send me my $$ back.

Thanks.

Tasha Heinlein
03-08-2009, 09:18 PM
We do care about the maintenance of our programs and our developers work their butts off to keep up with the changes constantly being made by the thousands of sites that are out there. It is not always possible to correct an issue in a time frame that you feel appropriate, and sometimes it is not possible at all. You say that you are not trying to be rude, but at this point I feel that you are. You have made three posts - exactly the same - saying that you would get better results by sending the source code to our programs to Bangalore India. I don't have any of your order information so I can't tell you if you still qualify for a refund. I suggest that you submit a ticket to Customer Service (http://applian.com/support-ordering.php) so that they can look at that info for you. This is not the appropriate place to ask for a refund. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.