PDA

View Full Version : about to throw the computer!!!!

asherstreet
02-12-2009, 07:08 AM
I used my replay AV in January to record a sirius show block of two hours. Occasionally AV would split my show into 2 or 3 files, not a big deal. now it is splitting my show into 5 or 6 blocks when it records. the last few days i haven't even gotten anything recorded. according to the log it tried to connect 4 times and never got through. i have increased the stream capture time, i have deleted the show from the main screen and added it back in, so that there would not be a backlog on the log, i have plugged it up to the modem so it wouldn't be a wireless problem. i am at a loss. any suggestions? this seems to be happening between 10pm and 12am. i listen to my online subscription during the day at work with no problems. thanks for any help!

Cheryl Wester
02-12-2009, 11:39 AM
They changed the way they are doing things yesterday. Are you able to listen online now-I believe they are now charging for that. If that is not the case you need to contact tech support as a log file and other info will be needed.

asherstreet
02-12-2009, 12:13 PM
I have been listing to sirius online today and have checked my computer to make sure that i can listen on my personal computer. I went ahead and did a test run and scheduled a short recording and it did fine this morning. i am on not on my home network though. i will try it at home this afternoon. if i uninstall the replay av software can i reinstall it and use my same purchase code? maybe that would help?

pitcher23
02-12-2009, 02:28 PM
I'm curious too. I noticed similar problems when recording Howard Sterns Sirius show. I have the recordings set to record 6am-9am and 9am to 12pm. It worked perfectly up until a couple of weeks ago where the 9am-12pm would be chopped into 5-6 recordings. I would see the conversion screen pop up after 45 minutes, then again 7 minutes later, etc.

I had attributed it to ISP problems as my connection was having problems the first week where I would drop connection several times a day. After a cable tech fixed everything the problem was still there on my Replay AV, even though my connection was still good.

As for the charging for streaming, I thought they were starting that sometime in the middle of March. I know Sirius has changed the way they broadcast on the web in the past where we had to wait for an update from Applian. I was wondering if this was such an occasion.

asherstreet
02-12-2009, 02:37 PM
i haven't even heard about the charging for streaming bit. i pay for internet radio only. i wonder if that is affected. it is good to hear that someone else has a similar problem, i was beginning to think it was my isp as well.