PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Record from HULU any longer

LordVader
01-10-2009, 04:24 AM
Hi, I am experiencing problems when trying to download videos from www.hulu.com.

It worked all fine before but now it just gives me the following error:

Internal error while trying to download RTMP stream
Exception:
m_nErrType = 3
m_strDesc = "handshake routine failed"
m_strFile = F:\proj32\TestRTMPClient\RTMPStreamRip.cpp
m_nLineNumber = 635

http://www.mustang2005.org/error.jpg

Important: I am using 'Hotspot Shield Launch' to obtain a US based IP to see and stream the videos.

Anyone a resultion to the problem?

I am desperate... :confused:

LordVader
01-10-2009, 10:22 AM
Hope someone can answer me quickly...

There is something I want to record which will disappear soon again on HULU.

Nobody with any idea? :(

MatthewC1000
01-10-2009, 10:49 AM
Hope someone can answer me quickly...

There is something I want to record which will disappear soon again on HULU.

Nobody with any idea? :(

LordVader,
welcome to the forum. :)

Can you please provide a link, so I can look into it. So far, all streams that I have tested are captured with no problems.
It could a firewall issue. (try disabling it as a test).

Kind Regards.

LordVader
01-10-2009, 01:35 PM
LordVader,
welcome to the forum. :)

Can you please provide a link, so I can look into it. So far, all streams that I have tested are captured with no problems.
It could a firewall issue. (try disabling it as a test).

Kind Regards.

Hi, thanks for answering.

My real name is Ralph :) Vader.

I disabled the Symantec firewall and everything connected to it.

Still the same results.

I can download stuff from i.e. youtube. This works without any problems.

MatthewC1000
01-10-2009, 02:06 PM
Hi, thanks for answering.

My real name is Ralph :) Vader.

I disabled the Symantec firewall and everything connected to it.

Still the same results.

I can download stuff from i.e. youtube. This works without any problems.

Well, it turns out that, your getting 0 data Byte streams.
which I can not duplicate. Veoh.com, only streams videos via
U.S.A. and, other countries are denied. Not sure if Hulu is doing the same thing. Now, it may also be an issue with your internet service provider.
Now, Applian software's have not been tested with I.P. linking applications
that can trigger this. Now, realize YouTube is worldwide. Some of these
premium sites are not. Since the promoting there content on other
parts of the world doesn't help incresement in their profit margin
they simply deny it. (site will not display in foreign countries) because most content will be sold for region 1.

Try Replay Video Capture (http://www.applian.com/replay-video-capture/demo.php) which is screen recorder based software.
guaranteed to work.

Kind Regards.

LordVader
01-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Well, it turns out that, your getting 0 data Byte streams.
which I can not duplicate. Veoh.com, only streams videos via
U.S.A. and, other countries are denied. Not sure if Hulu is doing the same thing. Now, it may also be an issue with your internet service provider.
Now, Applian software's have not been tested with I.P. linking applications
that can trigger this. Now, realize YouTube is worldwide. Some of these
premium sites are not. Since the promoting there content on other
parts of the world doesn't help incresement in their profit margin
they simply deny it. (site will not display in foreign countries) because most content will be sold for region 1.

Try Replay Video Capture (http://www.applian.com/replay-video-capture/demo.php) which is screen recorder based software.
guaranteed to work.

Kind Regards.

Well it worked until today.

I have downloaded tons of stuff before without any issues.

Today is the first time this happens.

With that IP tool, I get an US IP address and can see the HULU films without any problems.

I can still view the episode I want to see, but the Replay Media Catcher cannot download it for some reason.

LordVader
01-11-2009, 02:05 AM
Before the episode starts, I am getting the following screen on HULU:

http://www.mustang2005.org/error1.jpg

Could it be a setting in your Media Catcher software?

As I said before, the episode starts after and I can see it, but not record it.

Just don't get it why it suddenly stops working :confused:.

LordVader
01-11-2009, 03:58 AM
I tried it on nbc.com and it works.

Seems like HULU updated their servers with an update blocking your software!

Something you should work on with a new plug-in.

MatthewC1000
01-11-2009, 07:39 AM
I tried it on nbc.com and it works.

Something you should work on with a new plug-in.
Ralph, please post a current list of current running Applications in services in
taskmanager. (Post a screen shot from the windows Task manager) for your convenience. You can edit your User name by sliding the properties in Windows
Task Manager....to continue troubleshooting.

Kind Regards.

flvrec0r3r
01-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Perhaps.
Post the URL of the Hulu stream you are trying to record so others can try to record it.

MoparMan
01-11-2009, 05:45 PM
I have a hard time beleaving that they set something up to block this app from their website. I live in the U.S. and it is still working just fine here.

Now, what I am thinking is that:
1:Your browser is conecting through a proxy, but RMC is not, and they are seeing this and blocking the IP that RMC is using.
2: Anti-ad tools, like Add Block Plus, might also be interfering with how it works.

flvrec0r3r
01-12-2009, 04:28 AM
I think you are onto something.

Hotspot Shield changes the browser home page to display a full page ad at the beginning of each session. It changes the search engine and modifies the TCP/IP stack with what looks to me like a full VPN.

Interestingly, it's not an ad blocker. It's an add adder. The service is paid for by its Persistent Digital Browser Billboard. Every page view presents an ad superimposed over the intended page (visually blocking the intended host's ad).

Hotspot Shield has a 3GB - 5GB cap per rolling 30 day period, but does allow purchase of additional bandwidth.

So I'm thinking any one of these could hinder Hulu's content delivery.

truenorth1867
01-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Hi all,

I am having the same problem as Ralph. Being outside the US, I use Hotspot Shield to access the videos on Hulu, while using RMC to capture the video. This worked great up until today... I can still view the shows, running Hotspot Shield, but RMC no longer can capture them. I get the same error message Ralph mentioned, along with the message about being unable to load the advertisement. The ads have always been blocked, though, using Hotspot Shield, and yet RMC has still captured the video. For the record, I am using FF3 with Adblock Plus disabled.

I would think if the problem originated with Hulu blocking access to Hotspot Shield users, that we would be unable to view the videos at all.

rrw1
01-13-2009, 08:06 AM
I am having the exact same new problem that others have identified. This is that until today I could easlily capture Hulu videos using hotshield and RMC. Newly today, with the same RMC settings that I have been using successfully in the past, I can view Hulu videos with hotshield, but I cannot capture them with RMC. RMC cancels each attempt at capturing (showing a the red circle with ! inside), and reports 0 bytes.

I have no ad blocking enabled.

The fact that so many RMC users are reporting the same problem suggests that the problem lies elsewhere than with any settings on users' computers.

GreenTree
01-13-2009, 08:23 AM
I am also experiencing the exact same problem. RMC worked wonderfully with Hulu through Hotspot Shield for many weeks. All of a sudden it has stopped working altogether. Sometimes the ads get recorded but the actual programing is never recorded. It does not matter which program one tries to record. Please help.

Demo0
01-13-2009, 05:48 PM
I too am experiencing this problem. The funny thing is if Hulu blocked Hotspot Shield then the video would not stream at all. However, it's Replay Media Catcher that can't record the video. I'm confused :S Can someone please help?

jl74
01-14-2009, 09:04 AM
using Hotspot Shield, GPass or UltraSurf. Also applies for CBS, Fox and ABC. The comercials are catched perfectly ;-/. Dear Dev(s), please check.

Thanks a lot,
Jens

couldntfindaname
01-14-2009, 10:45 AM
It doesn't appear that this is an issue with Hotspot. I am in the US and downloaded Media Catcher last night and tried recording HULU It worked on Veoh just fine, so it appears that HULU has done something to thwart downloading of their videos. Hopefully a fix will be coming soon!

flvrec0r3r
01-15-2009, 01:31 AM
Has anyone approached Hotspot Shield support?
If so what did they suggest?

MatthewC1000
01-15-2009, 05:39 PM
Has anyone approached Hotspot Shield support?
If so what did they suggest?
RMC is not the issue. It's the hot spots. I tried another app and, It gives immediate failures, 0 Bytes too. Just think of RVC as your DVR...;)

serling1963
01-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Hi all.
Could this issue be related to the release of FMS 3.5 this week? The documentation for the software indicates:

More secure content delivery
Lock down your high-definition content and communications with enhanced stream protection and server-side security. Encrypted H.264 streaming is now supported — with the encrypted Real Time Messaging Protocol (RTMPE), you get higher performance at 128-bit encryption strength. In edition with RTMPE, protect SWF files from being reused or modified, and help prevent unauthorized connections with improved SWF verification. Use the plug-in architecture to create custom, real-time rights control by validating with external services such as LDAP or SOAP.

I wonder if an update for the RMC is in the works.

Tasha Heinlein
01-16-2009, 02:16 PM
Media Catcher is still working on Hulu without any issues. Those having trouble are using an app that allows them to view videos that they would normally not have access to. We did not design Media catcher to work with this type of program.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.

serling1963
01-16-2009, 03:13 PM
Is FMS 3.5 going to cause any problems with Media Catcher, or had you already taken it into consideration in the latest version?

Tasha Heinlein
01-16-2009, 09:28 PM
I haven't noticed any problems as of yet. I suppose we would need specific sites to test to be sure.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.

flvrec0r3r
01-18-2009, 02:44 PM
In edition with RTMPE, protect SWF files from being reused or modified, and help prevent unauthorized connections with improved SWF verification. In my opinion things will stay about the same. Those features have been available in FMS 3.0 for about a year now. To use them is a choice each content distributor makes independently. Any distributor can enfore these restrictions, or switch to Silverlight, or some other protected method overnight. They've had those choices for quite a while. It's really a wait and see.

Replay Video Capture is always an option as is pointing a video camera at the monitor.

The latest other features of FMS 3.5 are show cased here (http://www.streamflashhd.com/). Requires Flash player 10. Replay Media Catcher captures all the formats quite well. I say all the formats because different content at different bit rates is sent depending on the speed of the end-users' internet connection.