PDA

View Full Version : Media Catcher stops working...

nrms
01-01-2009, 12:29 PM
It's been capturing flash audio for weeks successfully, now all I am getting is:

Internal error while trying to download RTMP stream
Exception:
m_nErrType = 11
m_strDesc = "code: NetConnection.Connect.Rejected
description: Connection failed."
m_strFile = F:\proj32\TestRTMPClient\RTMPStreamRip.cpp
m_nLineNumber = 946

and a red emclamation point in the capture window against the stream.

Ideas?

NigelS

tlbuster
01-01-2009, 05:30 PM
My copy is doing the same, sort of. I captured from various sites successfully for several weeks until a couple of days ago. Now I am only able to capture one video at a time (if at all) and cannot convert the files. My copy of the .flv player does not ever show video, only plays audio, I need to convert to mp4 for my PSP but the converter quits shorter after starting conversion.

I had no issues with capture or conversion previously. Is this a conflict with a recent Vista update or Applian plug-in update???? Please help. I loved the program and now it's useless for me.

I tried a support ticket and was told that I should shut off spam filtering software but otherwise she didn't know how to help me. This is their software and that was the best answer I could get?!

Any ideas anyone?

Also, when I have the converter crash I am unable to delete the partially converted file from my hard drive. That's really annoying!

Thanks.

Tasha Heinlein
01-01-2009, 08:36 PM
My copy is doing the same, sort of. I captured from various sites successfully for several weeks until a couple of days ago. Now I am only able to capture one video at a time (if at all) and cannot convert the files. My copy of the .flv player does not ever show video, only plays audio, I need to convert to mp4 for my PSP but the converter quits shorter after starting conversion.

I had no issues with capture or conversion previously. Is this a conflict with a recent Vista update or Applian plug-in update???? Please help. I loved the program and now it's useless for me.

I tried a support ticket and was told that I should shut off spam filtering software but otherwise she didn't know how to help me. This is their software and that was the best answer I could get?!

Any ideas anyone?

Also, when I have the converter crash I am unable to delete the partially converted file from my hard drive. That's really annoying!

Thanks.

I did not mention spam filtering - you asked me if I thought you should shut it down and I told you it wasn't necessary. I did give you a list of programs that were incompatible with media catcher because Media Catcher is crashing for you. This is a very different problem than the person who previously posted. You did mention that you have one of the programs that is know by us to cause Media catcher to crash. Did you shut that down? If my original suggestions didn't work for you, please respond to the ticket that you submitted. The first answer isn't always the correct one, and crashes can be difficult to pinpoint. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.

Tasha Heinlein
01-01-2009, 08:37 PM
It's been capturing flash audio for weeks successfully, now all I am getting is:

Internal error while trying to download RTMP stream
Exception:
m_nErrType = 11
m_strDesc = "code: NetConnection.Connect.Rejected
description: Connection failed."
m_strFile = F:\proj32\TestRTMPClient\RTMPStreamRip.cpp
m_nLineNumber = 946

and a red emclamation point in the capture window against the stream.

Ideas?

NigelS
Is there a specific site or sites that this is happening on? Thanks!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

nrms
01-02-2009, 02:09 AM
I have sent you the URL in a pm...

Thanks
NigelS

tlbuster
01-03-2009, 06:38 AM
So my issues with Media Replay Catcher actually are issues with Hulu.com I realized that certain files were still capture-able and convertible but not others. An Applian representative advised me to only capture the Hi-res files from Hulu (700, NOT 480) and that should take care of the problems I'm having with converting. She also informed me that the converter in RMC is a basic converter and if I need more robust options it would be a good idea to upgrade to the stand-alone converter tool.

Thanks Applian for working with me on this and figuring out what the real issue was. I'm glad that it is a simple fix, I really do enjoy using your program.

Cheers.

nrms
01-09-2009, 08:00 AM
Any further news on this?

Thanks
NigelS

Tasha Heinlein
01-10-2009, 12:00 PM
No news yet...we are working on it.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein