PDA

View Full Version : V3 just not working

uncle phil
12-30-2008, 10:42 AM
I really regret paying for the upgrade for version three.

Most of the times I've tried to us it it has failed to record and caused the browser to freeze up, not open links or open blank pages as links. Often I've had to restart the browser or even restart the computer to get it working again.

I think I would have preferred a version 2 that couldn't record somethings rather than a version 3 that can't record most things.

Cheryl Wester
12-30-2008, 04:31 PM
This is not normal. If you continue to have a problem with this please contact tech support so they can assist you. Thanks.

Tasha Heinlein
12-30-2008, 06:34 PM
I really regret paying for the upgrade for version three.

Most of the times I've tried to us it it has failed to record and caused the browser to freeze up, not open links or open blank pages as links. Often I've had to restart the browser or even restart the computer to get it working again.

I think I would have preferred a version 2 that couldn't record somethings rather than a version 3 that can't record most things.

This is usually the result of another program clashing with Media Catcher. Here is a list of things that we know can cause this problem:

Ad-Muncher
LiveMesh
CounterSpy
SpySweeper
ZoneAlarm
CA Anti-Spyware Utility

If you have any of these or a similar app running on your computer, try shutting them down while Media Catcher is running. If it is not one of the known apps this can be difficult to pinpoint.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.

MoparMan
12-30-2008, 11:28 PM
If you are a comodo internet security suite user such as myself, that can also cause some minor issues. If you do use them, dig through the firewall and security settings and remove anything related to RMC.

Next, COMPLETELY uninstall V2 of RMC. after the un-install, reboot, then delete the install directory of RMC (if it is still there).

Then, if the code from V2 differs from V3, use the "clear-code" app found at http://www.applian.com/clear-code.php to remove the code.

Now, If you are good with PC's, I would recomend to either dig through the registry and manually delete anything related to "Replay Media Center", or, if you fully un-installed it per the instructions above, you can use a free app called CCleaner - http://www.ccleaner.com/ - to help you with this. It is important to remember that 1: not one tool will clean up the registry, nor is one program 100% safe either, but I have used CCleaner for a long time (over a year) and have yet to have a single issue with it. and 2: if you have ANY doubt about playing around in the system registry, THEN DONT! Deleting one wrong key in the system registry can make your system unstable, or worse, un-bootable.

Finally, when that is all done, re-install RMC and run it. If you are a Comodo user, pay carefull attention to what it pops up with. You want RMC to have FULL access to everything it asks for, or else it will give iffy results. Keep in mind that RMC uses several methods and executables for it to work properly, and blocking even just one will make the difference of it working properly or not. If you have taken your time and followed everthing here properly, RMC can, and does, play nice with comodo products.

Tasha Heinlein
12-31-2008, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the tip. I'll add comodo to my list :)

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.