PDA

View Full Version : Recording From Fabchannel??

deadwing
12-23-2008, 11:06 PM
Hi- first post here, so please be gentle!

I want to grab a show from this site - not something I've done in the past so I 'googled' how to do this and it suggested RMC and I've downloaded the demo version.

I just cannot get it to work on Fabchannel- I've checked it on a couple of other sites and it captures just fine (Only through Firefox though, not IE7), but not fabchannel. There are instructions on this site which suggests you will find some html code at the bottom of the fabchannel web page - I'm not seeing that at all -I've tried both IE7 and Firefox to look for this.

Can anyone walk me through a fabchannel capture?

Cheers

deadwing
12-24-2008, 02:50 AM
Replying to my own thread on this one...

Just found and followed a video tutorial on this issue and it seems to be working ok (But still only if I use Firefox not IE7)

Tasha Heinlein
12-24-2008, 12:38 PM
Replying to my own thread on this one...

Just found and followed a video tutorial on this issue and it seems to be working ok (But still only if I use Firefox not IE7)

If you have Vista, you will need to be running IE in administrative mode. You can launch it through Media Catcher:

Open Media Catcher and click "Start Recording". Click "record" in the upper left corner and choose "Launch Default Browser".

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.

deadwing
12-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Thanks for that ..another 'bump in the road' sorted. Now all I need to do is find a way to convert the downloaded file to a DVD compliant MPEG. The converter in the program won't do that - and I've tried both Total Video Converter and Super video converter- neither of them work.

Tasha Heinlein
12-25-2008, 09:33 PM
Thanks for that ..another 'bump in the road' sorted. Now all I need to do is find a way to convert the downloaded file to a DVD compliant MPEG. The converter in the program won't do that - and I've tried both Total Video Converter and Super video converter- neither of them work.

Have you checked out Replay Converter (http://www.applian.com/replay-converter/index.php)? It will convert and burn.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

hawkmoonnl
01-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Hi,

Tried to record something from fabchannel myself but sofar haven't succeeded. I followed the instructions which suggests to copy the html code in a new browser (IE7) but Replay Media Catcher (not the demo version) doesn't start the download. Any suggestion(s)?

Feije Jan

AudioArt
01-10-2009, 05:49 AM
I have used media catcher lots of times on fabchannel until jan 8th 2009. Now on the 10th it will not work anymore. I'm not sure what changed, i have the feeling that mediacather updated itself but if not, what could be the case ? I restart media catcher before selecting default browser (IE6 SP2) and copying the embed string (http.....full") as usual. Nothing happens.

MatthewC1000
01-10-2009, 06:19 AM
I have used media catcher lots of times on fabchannel until jan 8th 2009. Now on the 10th it will not work anymore. I'm not sure what changed, i have the feeling that mediacather updated itself but if not, what could be the case ? I restart media catcher before selecting default browser (IE6 SP2) and copying the embed string (http.....full") as usual. Nothing happens.

I'll look into this.

:)

MatthewC1000
01-10-2009, 06:47 AM
If you have Vista, you will need to be running IE in administrative mode. You can launch it through Media Catcher:

Open Media Catcher and click "Start Recording". Click "record" in the upper left corner and choose "Launch Default Browser".

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

Message to people: folks, call it fabchannel.com to avoid confusing others...;)
Now, Tasha: it turns out that fabchannel.com is using a
Encrypted RTMP (RTMPE) FLV streams. (RMC does not detect /work on) Try RVC for this one folks...:cool:
now, they seem to be streaming with a adobe patent very similar or
identical to the m4v files developed by Adobe & Apple.inc.
now...the FLV files from this site play empty video content.
No audio or, video is present however: Time length is there. :confused:
which is the same behavior as purchased video files
of the Apple. Now, if this is indeed by Apple and, no one
has broken/cracked the DRM system videos/mp4 files (yet)
which means the only way to convert the file is to record the
video(s) using a screen recorder.
Now, I know why most companies (most of them) are not using
this technology: Either they can't afford it or, quite frankly
don't give a funk about there video playing sharing systems....:rolleyes:

Tasha Heinlein
01-13-2009, 12:32 PM
Media Catcher is currently not working on Fabchannel.com. Thank you all for the feedback, we are looking into this. In the mean time you will need to use Replay Video Capture (http://www.applian.com/replay-video-capture/index.php) on this site.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

AudioArt
01-18-2009, 01:45 AM
Media Catcher is currently not working on Fabchannel.com. Thank you all for the feedback, we are looking into this. In the mean time you will need to use Replay Video Capture (http://www.applian.com/replay-video-capture/index.php) on this site.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

Sorry to say but RVC is not the solution (however a nice product) since it will capture also other screen parts (among commercials) that can not be avoided and when i tried (trial version) the full screen only froze (clever guys at fabchannel.com ? Really hope you get the RMC working again

MatthewC1000
01-18-2009, 08:35 AM
Sorry to say but RVC is not the solution

Well............. it is for now...:) RVC may be the BEST when it come to downloading
files that are not supported by protected internet protocol streams systems.
(encrypted FLV videos) because, your recording the screen and, not the
actually file...;)

Now, you state when going full screen on RVC, if you have a decent video card like 128 MB use a smaller size window to record it. If you have a 512 MB video card...with at least 1 gig of ram...installed. Full screen works perfectly fine.
RVC works superbly on high end video cards.

About avoid commercials...contact Andy and, basically ask for a pause option like ScreenCast.

Kind Regards.

Jeff Lenney
01-18-2009, 06:54 PM
Sorry to say but RVC is not the solution (however a nice product) since it will capture also other screen parts (among commercials) that can not be avoided and when i tried (trial version) the full screen only froze (clever guys at fabchannel.com ? Really hope you get the RMC working again

Hi Art,

You're able to select the area on the screen to record using the markers. I've used this feature myself for countless recordings, of different sizes.

Anyways, a few tips: To get the best quality video with Replay Video Capture - try the following:

1. Go to Settings, and make sure you are using the MPEG-2 video format. Also, you may want to click on "Recommended Settings" at the top and select the most fitting option according to your pc configuration.

2. Try recording from a smaller video window by resizing your player to 1/4 of your screen, or no more than 480x640 pixels. This won't affect the video quality (since video is scaled UP from smaller sizes to fit a full-screen picture). This will require less computer power to capture, which will make for smoother videos.

Let me know if this makes a difference.