PDA

View Full Version : No audio on joined video files?

bfranker
12-29-2022, 11:04 AM
Hello! I've been a long time user of Applian products. Just recently had a need to join a bunch of 1 minute long MP4 video files into one file. My security camera records 1 minute clips and I needed to join a bunch of them into a seamless video file with no encoding and thought this would be perfect.I used the joiner option. I was able to do this and joined 60 one minute files into an hour long video file that worked BUT there is no audio? When I import them it shows there is no audio channel in the file but there most definitely is. I tried anyway but it didn't work... video is fine but no audio. I looked for a setting but could find nothing that I was doing wrong. Any suggestions? Thanks!

bfranker
12-29-2022, 11:06 AM
Well, considering I'm the first one to post here in 5 years and there's another post from 5 years ago with an audio issue, I don't suppose there is much luck in me seeing a resolution to this. lol That's unfortunate. I really liked this suite of products and used it regularly many years ago and was considering upgrading but it looks "dead". :(

Cheryl Wester
12-29-2022, 04:54 PM
When you import and it doesn't show audio that is why it didn't convert audio. It sounds like it is using different codecs than other mp4 files. I have found that security cameras often do. If you would like to send two to me to test I would need them sent to our support system and I would be glad to test them.

bfranker
02-20-2023, 12:33 PM
When you import and it doesn't show audio that is why it didn't convert audio. It sounds like it is using different codecs than other mp4 files. I have found that security cameras often do. If you would like to send two to me to test I would need them sent to our support system and I would be glad to test them.

OH wow! I'm so sorry, Cheryl! I thought I had subscription settings set to get notified of replies but I guess I didn't. I just thought I'd come back here to see if anybody replied as I was randomly thinking of this. lol!

I'm not allowed to post attachments. But, I just now submitted a support ticket with one audio file attached. It wouldn't let me upload two. :) Thank you!