PDA

View Full Version : Choosing BBC iPlayer download quality

MikeL
10-07-2017, 02:36 PM
I am using the latest version of RMC and have it configured to prompt me so I can chose the program file quality to download. Unfortunately RMC does not display enough information for me to make the correct choice.

Many BBC programs are available as High Definition at both 50fps and 25 fps but I cannot distinguish which are which when I am prompted to select one. Can you please add/display this information to make this choice possible?

Thanks
Mike

Cheryl Wester
10-07-2017, 10:12 PM
To be honest I'm not sure if that can be done. The developer does read the forum so your request is passed on.

MikeL
10-12-2017, 05:16 AM
How will I know if he/she has read the request and whether or not it can be implemented.
The information on the available streams is available as get_iplayer distinguishes between the 25fps and 50 fps streams

Mike

Cheryl Wester
10-12-2017, 08:12 PM
I don't have a way of knowing when this is read. Always use the latest version of our program as any improvements or changes are on the latest. Thanks.

MikeL
10-20-2017, 02:04 PM
Well unfortunately it didn't make 7.0.0.34.

Although I did find out that if you right click on the file as it is downloading and choose properties then under the general tab where it shows video attributes it list the fps value so we know it's there they just need to display it in the dialog box where you pick the file you want to download

MikeL
12-01-2017, 10:28 AM
It didn't make 7.0.0.43 either. :(

Very frustrating as I have to keep starting and stopping the download until I get the version I want (25fps)

Cheryl Wester
12-02-2017, 01:47 PM
Your input is appreciated. It is not as easy as it often sounds for something to be implemented.