PDA

View Full Version : Stop RMC 6 from capturing new streams

CanadaRoxx
06-20-2015, 04:29 PM
How do I stop Replay Media Catcher 6 from capturing/recording new streams without interrupting the stream(s) currently being recorded?

I used to be able to do this with previous versions but I cannot find the option in RMC 6.

Cheryl Wester
06-20-2015, 09:44 PM
If you close the page after you start recording it then it should not record other items unless you open a page where another item is that can be recorded. Thanks.

CanadaRoxx
07-04-2015, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the answer, but that's not what I meant.

While recording a stream, how can I stop RMC6 from recording streams on any new page I open, without interrupting the current recording?

Cheryl Wester
07-04-2015, 06:12 PM
Try and do what I said. If you are recording the file does not need to stay open to finish the recording in most cases. If you do go to another site and it has video it will record that also.

CanadaRoxx
07-15-2015, 08:16 PM
YOU'RE NOT READING WHAT I'M SAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You said: "If you do go to another site and it has video it will record that also."

That's what I want to prevent!!! We could do this with RMC4 and 5, but as far as I can tell, not with 6!!!

I want to continue recording the current stream, but not record any stream from any page I might open while I'm recording that first stream!

Cheryl Wester
07-15-2015, 10:15 PM
Hi

I'm afraid the program is not going to do what you wish at this point. Thanks.

Cheryl Wester
07-15-2015, 10:17 PM
If you leave the auto turned off and just copy the URL and select to record it then it should just do the one link and not the other ones. You would not turn it on auto. This is with the latest version of Media Catcher.

CanadaRoxx
07-17-2015, 05:44 PM
Hi

I'm afraid the program is not going to do what you wish at this point. Thanks.

I wish you would stop coming up with new versions that don't have all the features of the previous version! Might be time to stop paying for upgrades, or should I say downgrades.

FYI, you now have a pissed off customer!

MikeL
07-17-2015, 06:55 PM
Canadaroxx

How did you do this in previous versions of RMC?

If you have selected the Auto record mechanism in RMC 6 by clicking the Auto radio button on the home screen then RMC will automatically attempt to capture any active video streams on your computer. You can deselect this option at any time by turning off the Auto button on the home screen. Any captures currently in progress will not be affected.

CanadaRoxx
08-08-2015, 10:01 AM
Mike, thanks for your reply, but your solution does not work. As soon as I set Auto off, the recording stops, even though the status still says "Recording". The files size and duration stop updating, which is correct based on what I see happenein.

Not only does recording not continue, RMC does not change status when the stream stops.

RMC6 has always behaved this way on my computer.

FYI, I'm running RMC 6.0.0.79

MikeL
08-08-2015, 02:03 PM
I won't have access to my computer that has RMC installed on it until late next week. I'll take another look and see if I have the same behavior. It could be a combination of other settings.

MikeL
08-14-2015, 06:51 PM
CanadaRoxx,

I just tried it and everything seemed to work OK.

I started RMC6 and selected Auto. I started the stream in my browser (Internet Explorer 11) and RMC started to capture it.
I turned off Auto and the recording continued.
I closed the browser, reopened it and started a YouTube video (review of the Range Rover Sport SVR - awesome!!). RMC did not attempt to capture that video and continued to capture the original video in the background.

My settings in Internet Downloads for RMC6 are:

1. I use Network Monitor (not WinPcap monitor).
2. Monitor HTTPS/SSL is OFF
3. Dial Up/VPN box is empty
4. Concurrent downloads and minimum duration are both set to 0
5. Preferred Download Quality and Format are not set.
6. Block download of Adverts and start automatic detection on Start are both OFF

This gives me the behaviour I want.

BTW I am running Win 7 64 bit with all latest updates applied

Hope this helps
Mike

Cheryl Wester
08-14-2015, 07:01 PM
Thank you for sharing, Mike. I'm sure you are helping others with this.

CanadaRoxx
12-21-2015, 07:59 AM
I fixed my issue. I went back to RMC 5 and that fixed all the issues I was having, including RMC 6 crashing when my internet connection was not doing well.

Sam Sport
01-01-2016, 09:10 PM
CanadaRoxx,

I just tried it and everything seemed to work OK.

I started RMC6 and selected Auto. I started the stream in my browser (Internet Explorer 11) and RMC started to capture it.
I turned off Auto and the recording continued.
I closed the browser, reopened it and started a YouTube video (review of the Range Rover Sport SVR - awesome!!). RMC did not attempt to capture that video and continued to capture the original video in the background.

My settings in Internet Downloads for RMC6 are:

1. I use Network Monitor (not WinPcap monitor).
2. Monitor HTTPS/SSL is OFF
3. Dial Up/VPN box is empty
4. Concurrent downloads and minimum duration are both set to 0
5. Preferred Download Quality and Format are not set.
6. Block download of Adverts and start automatic detection on Start are both OFF

This gives me the behaviour I want.

BTW I am running Win 7 64 bit with all latest updates applied

Hope this helps
Mike
I am having a similar problem. Thanks much to MikeL for detailing his steps and putting them here.I'm looking forward to trying them out myself. Also relieved that the administrators of this forum didn't try to immediately send the discussion off the forum and into the private sphere of "technical support".That happens more in this forum than any I've ever seen.