PDA

View Full Version : Too Much Downloading

wesmacc
11-11-2014, 06:06 PM
I seem to have the opposite problem to most other users, RMC is working too well. I use it to catch streams from MFC and that's all I want it for. [RMC as part of the Full Set Purchase and updated. ] Anyways, it downloads everything... Fox News, CNN, Daily Motion, any website with video playing and worst of all it duplicates any downloads of videos. So if I download [not stream] a video from uploaded or another site, it also downloads inside RMC [as a download not a stream] and saves a copy in the RMC directory. Besides double the bandwidth used it is using double the space on the drives.

I need a way to prevent every download in the world from happening of any streamed media other than the one site as well as the duplicate downloads... basically how can I shut the download function off completely but keep the streaming function as that should work.

Crazy
11-11-2014, 07:37 PM
I have the same issue, but there is a workaround. Get what you want to record going, then select stop recording. RMC will continue to record the stream you are capturing while you are free to do whatever else you want. If you want to record something else, just repeat.

Jeff Lenney
11-11-2014, 09:54 PM
I seem to have the opposite problem to most other users, RMC is working too well. I use it to catch streams from MFC and that's all I want it for. [RMC as part of the Full Set Purchase and updated. ] Anyways, it downloads everything... Fox News, CNN, Daily Motion, any website with video playing and worst of all it duplicates any downloads of videos. So if I download [not stream] a video from uploaded or another site, it also downloads inside RMC [as a download not a stream] and saves a copy in the RMC directory. Besides double the bandwidth used it is using double the space on the drives.

I need a way to prevent every download in the world from happening of any streamed media other than the one site as well as the duplicate downloads... basically how can I shut the download function off completely but keep the streaming function as that should work.

I have the same issue, but there is a workaround. Get what you want to record going, then select stop recording. RMC will continue to record the stream you are capturing while you are free to do whatever else you want. If you want to record something else, just repeat.

Thanks Crazy - Wes, let us know if that worked for you! :)

Cheryl Wester
11-12-2014, 06:31 PM
Also, if you have it set to convert it appears that you have two of them as it doesn't delete the original file.

wesmacc
12-25-2014, 02:08 AM
Doesn't help at all.... can't select new streams if it is off and if you try that on Replay you'll find that more often than not it stops the recording it is already doing. Obviously this RP5 has nothing to do with the much superior RP4... perhaps you have new owners and chose to downgrade the program. I will continue the search for a multi-stream streaming/recording program. BTW, my workaround is using IRON to stream and using CHROME to do everything else with flash blocked. Kinda dumb in my opinion. Still got the download situation but that may also be Chrome doing that, it tends to go rogue a bit.

Cheryl Wester
12-26-2014, 11:00 PM
If you continue to have an issue please do contact tech support. They will need complete details such as your browser, links, version of windows, etc. Thanks.