PDA

View Full Version : RMC 5 running BelowNormal priority in Windows 7, why?

tekrplay
11-07-2014, 05:32 PM
Using Windows Task Manager I noticed that jrmcp.exe is running BelowNormal priority rather than Normal priority. Is there a setting that I can force Normal priority for jrmcp.exe? I run a few compute intensive tasks :mad: at BelowNormal priority and do not want RMC 5 (i.e., jrmcp.exe) running at BelowNormal priority with the compute intensive tasks.

tekrplay
11-07-2014, 05:41 PM
As a bit of a clarification jrmcp.exe will start with BelowNormal priority when it run as a scheduled recording. If I start RMC 5 from an icon on the desktop it will start with Normal priority.

So, how can I make sure that when RMC 5 has scheduled records they run with Normal Windows priority?

tekrplay
11-07-2014, 05:53 PM
As it turns out this is NOT a RMC 5 issue at all but a Windows design decision. If you want to fix the dispatch priority of a scheduled recording, which is really a schedule task in windows, the check out http://networkadminkb.com/KB/a436/how-to-change-default-schedule-task-priority-windows-2008.aspx

Cheryl Wester
11-07-2014, 08:02 PM
Thank you for letting us know. It is appreciated. You are correct that our programs do use the windows scheduler.