PDA

View Full Version : RMC 3 Crashes Internet

liftedlegend
12-29-2013, 10:34 AM
Hi, I haven't found a solution to this problem anywhere else so I thought I'd check here before contacting support.

I've been using version 3.11B of RMC and have been having this issue for quite some time now. Basically, whenever the program is open, it randomly cuts off internet from my cable modem. Every device connected to my modem through my router (desktop, laptops, phones) loses it's connection to the internet completely. The only way to get the internet back up is to reset my modem (plugging it out for 10 seconds and plugging it back in) but it only works temporarily. Eventually the internet will go down again as long as RMC is running on my desktop. This happens at least once every 30-120 minutes and only ever happens with RMC running.

The weird part is that I recently discovered that this issue goes away completely when I'm using this particular VPN service. As long as I'm connected to the VPN my internet never crashes at all and everything works as normal. The problem is that it caps my internet speed and I can't afford to pay for the service just to get RMC to work properly.

I realize that I'm using an old version of the product and I'm not even sure if it's still being supported but I would be eternally grateful is anyone has any tips or solutions at all for this increasingly frustrating problem.

My OS is WIndows 7 64bit Home Edition if that helps at all.

Jeff Lenney
12-29-2013, 04:51 PM
Hi lifted

I'm very sorry, but we have not updated or even supported RMC 3 in well over 3 years, possibly 4 at this point in time. You're using Windows 7, pick up a copy of RMC5 for a discounted price here: http://applian.com/upgrade