PDA

View Full Version : YouTube captures result in multiple unplayable MP4 fragments

rbh
11-14-2013, 01:57 PM
When I try to capture YouTube videos using Replay Media Catcher 5.0.1.7 on Windows 7, I get multiple MP4 files.

For example, when I tried to capture a one-minute YouTube video, I get 8 MP4 files ranging from 200KB to 2MB.

I have the YouTube setting "Download Method" set to the default of "Raw".

As a side note, none are playable in any of my programs.

I am able to capture videos successfully on other sites such as MSN.com and Vimeo.

Jeff Lenney
11-15-2013, 12:16 AM
Can you please provide me with the URL of the audio or video you're trying to record, so I can trouble shoot the issue?

crs
11-19-2013, 11:39 PM
Your using an old version of RMC. Upgrade to the latest.

Sites change all the time - always use the latest version.

HTH

CRS

cepernik
11-22-2013, 09:31 AM
Just installed the Catcher 5.0.1.19. The updater claims that it is the current version.
I am using Win7 and IE9 and downloading videos from the Austrian State TV Archive at http://tvthek.orf.at.
I am getting a manifest-f4m*.flv file (stating that the download was completed with errors) and a number of Seg1-Frag*.mp4 (also completed with errors and unplayable).
The .flv itself actually seems complete and is playable, but indicates inaccurate duration (Hours instead of minutes). It can be converted to an .avi which is complete, playable and indicates correct duration.
I could live with it but the program will be used by a less competent person who will be confused when trying to find the correct file among many (useless?) fragments.
Is there a remedy?
Many thanks. Rgds form Vienna

VCN
11-23-2013, 07:27 AM
try version 5.0.1.19

cepernik
11-27-2013, 12:26 PM
Just installed RMC 5.0.1.19 on a newly installed Win 7 64-bit with IE9 32-bit. Each stream resulted in a single error-free .mp4 file. This is the desired result, I guess.
Then I installed Adobe Flash Player and suddenly I got ONE playable manifest*.flv and a number of unplayable seg*.mp4 segments. I deinstalled the Flash Player and again I got ONE .mp4 file per stream.
Any info whether there is a way of using RMC with Flash Player as I need it to play some other streams. (Havenīt tried using IE10 or IE11 yet.) Any experience? Many thks ZH

dwaynnyt
11-30-2013, 09:30 AM
It could be possible that it's an issue with the youtube URL alone. have you tried other videos and see if it still behaves the same way? https://imagicon.info/cat/14-16/1.gif

cepernik
12-03-2013, 07:22 AM
I noticed that behaviour when the PC has Adobe Flash Player installed (v.11.9.900). When I deinstall it, the RMC does what it should...
I am aware that there is probably no PC out there without the Flash Player installed, but still: has anybody noticed that?

Thks