PDA

View Full Version : How do you remove default comment "Captured with Replay Media Catcher 5 - www.applian.com"

rogereaslick
11-10-2013, 05:37 AM
I would prefer that RMC not add the phrase "Captured with Replay Media Catcher 5 - www.applian.com" as a comment to every video I capture. Is there a way to change it? I've looked everywhere, searched here, FAQs, googled it, couldn't find any instructions anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Jeff Lenney
11-10-2013, 10:28 PM
Good evening Roger,

I'm not certain to be honest with you - Please use the technical support section of the website to submit your tech support ticket and they should be able to help you specifically with this issue :-)

http://applian.com/support.php

rogereaslick
02-02-2014, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the reply, Jeff. I put a ticket (Request #3070) in with support asking this question but the response was

Sorry that you are having troubles with Replay Media Catcher. Please update Replay Media Catcher from the link below:
http://applian.com/download_file.php?file=RCATSetup.exe

I'm on the latest version (5.0.1.24) as of this writing. I don't see any way to modify the default comment message.

I love Applian products. I have the suite. I also understand it is a good marketing tactic for Applian to put that comment in there by default and have no issues with that. But why not give the option to remove or modify it for your paying customers (like me).

It seems like a very straightforward question to me. It would be great if I could get a straight answer.

Sam Sport
04-18-2015, 09:45 PM
I wouldn't mind knowing the answer to that question too. That's a very universal question not someones specific problem.

txjcb5002
09-18-2015, 05:17 PM
any word on this. would be great to know.

Raptor
02-22-2016, 04:28 PM
+1

~Raptor

Cheryl Wester
02-22-2016, 08:29 PM
I'm afraid you can't change it from the default. Have you tried version 6? It might work better for you. Thanks.

Raptor
02-22-2016, 09:38 PM
I'm on version 6.

I currently run a PowerShell script that strips the metadata tags from files and renames them as well on torrent files, however it would be nice not to have to run this on self-created files (those created with RMC). ;-)

~Raptor

Cela
05-19-2016, 01:30 AM
Hi Raptor,

please share your PowerShell script.

Thanks.

Cela